Help with converting DS to DST

Just all of it, really. God I've been working on it so long and run into so many problems and gotten nowhere, I'm about to pull my hair out. 

I'm still testing out client side on a friend's computer because I can't even get mods working on my dedicated server correctly. Can servers not download workshop mods with visibility set to friends only? Who knows

Why is there an insanely heavy lag for client side even when the custom character isn't even in use!? What even causes the "out of memory" errors for clients and how would I go about fixing that?!  Why Is the item still removable on clients but not for host?! That function isn't even in the modmain, why would it effect only clients?! Why can you moonwalk backwards toward enemies?! that's just walking forward in reverse, what is even the point of inverting runspeed at that point!?

I swear this mod runs differently on different machines! We are both using the same exact build of the mod, and have both tested it out as the host, but his version behaves differently than mine and has different bugs!

God it's so frustrating! As soon as I get something that looks like a functioning build, I test it out on client side just to find out that nothing works

Does anyone, I dunno... have any tips or suggestions or something?...  

I swear I knew what I was doing in the single player version of this mod, I just can't get this thing to work for DST.

garbage.zip

Please provide a link to the mod in DS. What is your nickname on steam? And don't panic. Mods take much time and patience.

Alright, https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=516929231  There is the single player version.

I know, I'm no stranger to how much work these require. I spent well over 200 hours on the single player version. It's just more frustrating because I don't even know what's causing these sorts of problems.

I also provided the current DST version I've been working on (garbage.zip) in my original post up there, you'd probably be better off looking at that version instead, since I had to change the way a few things work for DST.

Also my username/icon are the same as the one I'm using here (Pickleplayer)

And thank you

Alright, deep breath. I took a break for a while to work on other single player mod stuff and I think I'm ready to come back to this and try some more.

I guess the first step is to figure out what is causing this "out of memory" bug.

Every google search I do is just filled with results of people having out-of-memory issues with the normal game or while using other people's mods, and I can't seem to find an examples of people having the same issues as me with mod-making. So I really have no idea where to start looking for solutions.

I have a feeling it's something to do with the whole "creating things on the server vs client" thing that I still don't understand to well.

I've thoroughly combed through rezecib's "getting started with modding dst" and followed the instructions, but I still don't fully understand which things need to be created on the server vs the client and how to do it. But I still made sure my code matched what the guide said, and also looked off of various other DST character mods to make sure the code I added is in the same spot on other people's mods too. 

With the mod enabled, the game barely runs on the client side by itself WITHOUT the custom character in use. It runs, but is very laggy. When anyone joins as the custom character, that's when client side gets the "out of memory" error.

My buddy has a pretty decent computer setup, so I doubt its from a lack of hardware. Plus the normal game runs fine for him.

(I also get the same error when I connect to his as a client, but I've got a crappy laptop so-)

Or Is it actually possible that I just created a function that's so inefficient and resource intensive that it just blows through all the ram the moment the client loads the game?