How can I test my mod as a client?

Just trying to make a small mod however met some problems...

I have a self-created mod and it seems running perfectly on my server side however it turned out be not working on my friend's machine when he joint as a client.

Is it possible that I can run 2 windows on my own machine and get the mod fully tested as both the Server & the Client?

The issue caused is similar to this one: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/58157-help-with-mod-issue/

However I'm sure that won't be the only problem.

Any suggestions might help, Thanks!

You can run a dedicated server with your mod running on it and then join it. You'll join it as client and not as host.

Yeah that's the funny thing, how can I run the server on my own machine and then join it with my account as a client again?

Yeah that's the funny thing, how can I run the server on my own machine and then join it with my account as a client again?

The dedicated server tool. If you are hosting from within the game it's a listen server, if you host with the provided dedicated server tool it runs a server for you to then join from within the game.

It's a bit funky, but these things are picked up pretty quick online. Welcome aboard.

The dedicated server tool. If you are hosting from within the game it's a listen server, if you host with the provided dedicated server tool it runs a server for you to then join from within the game.

It's a bit funky, but these things are picked up pretty quick online. Welcome aboard.

Thanks guys!