"Duplicate launch script"... Can anyone help me find my launch script?

In the caves beta how-to section, this is the final step for the multi-level dedicated server : 

"6. Finally: Duplicate your server launch script to run the slave server, pointing it at the slave settings directory:

"./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -conf_dir DST_Cave"

(Don't forget to add whatever other flags you might be using, such as -console)"

I have a citadelservers dedicated server, and I can't find anywhere where a launch script would be?

Anyone able to help me out with this step? Thanks!

Hmm ? You don't need a second server.

The "duplicate launch script" part make me confuse too at the start, i was used to launch dedicated server via steam.

But it's not too hard.

Make a .bat file, like Dstserver.bat, with this content :

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\bin

dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -conf_dir myDSTserver

(Replace the path (C:\program files etc), by your own path if it is different)

And another .bat file, like Dstcave.bat :

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\bin

dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -conf_dir DST_Cave

Replace the path, too, if necessary.

myDSTserver is normally the name of a classic dedicated server.

DST_Cave is the standard name in the example here : http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/57890-playing-caves-beta/

If you use another folder names, you should replace it :D

I hope i'm clear. English isn't my native langage, so in this sort of technical stuff, it's sometime hard to explain.

But i hope it will help people wanting to test the cave.

(PS : you could have a dedicated server in local, in the same computer that the one you use to play. It require a little more things but it's possible !

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Guides/Don%E2%80%99t_Starve_Together_Dedicated_Servers

This guide is helpful)

• Developer

You can run two instances of this on the same machine (though it will impact performance). This is why duplicating the startup script is necessary, so that the two game instances can coexist on the same machine.

Unfortunately I can't say where the startup script might be hiding for your particular server, sorry.

If you do happen to find out, please post it here as others are also running on Citadel servers. :-)

I am having a similar issue. After following all the steps in the beta guide and looking around, I cannot manage to launch two servers at once. I've managed to both launch a dedicated server and to make my dedicated server into a caves world, but I cannot find a way to launch two servers at once, neither by changing the script on the exe file nor by creating bat files on the executable's location, nor by modifying steam's launch propierties. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but I can't seem to put my finger on it. Help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you for the help, but I ended up fixing it myself.

In case anyone else has the same problem and wants to try it, my solution was to open a copy of the dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer with a -conf_dir to my dedicated server and then adding on the  caves' server through steam.

Archived