My character, item

hello i have made my character and i wanna make also my private sword, that only my character can craft and use (pick up) like Woodies Lucy axe...

my question is, how to make it working, cuz im trying and it dont want to work :(

ofc my character gets this sword at spawn

and next question!!!!

is it possible to make 2 handed weapon? i mean sword and shield

you would like to visit "how to make handequip item from scratch" by Malacath and you would also want to look at lucy.lua in the prefabs folder.That is all i can give you if you want to start modding.I just learnt how to write quotes...so i cannot give you that much.

I think you cannot make 2 handed item.It's not possible unless you mod the whole game file or something like that.

Edited by Derpime

i mean, every thing is ready to go into workshop, but can't figure out how to make this only-character item :(

i took some code parts from lucy but still not working correctly

Place this in your item function fn()

inst.components.inventoryitem.onputininventoryfn = function(inst, player)    if player.prefab ~= "character name here" then        inst:DoTaskInTime(0.1, function()            player.components.inventory:DropItem(inst)            player.components.talker:Say("quote you want them to say")        end)    endend

the only thing I did not solve yet is the bug it gives, it will crash if you try to place it in a backpack