[Help] Custom character voice and removing sound effects

Myn

Hey! I'm trying to make a character that is a creature which floats in the air and has a unique sound. My problems are:

1. I don't know how to give a character a unique voice/sound (the only tutorials I found were for DS and didn't work for DST)

2. Since the character floats in the air, I would like the footstep sound effects taken out for this character, but I have no idea how to do that.

If anyone can give me tips or lead me to a tutorial for DST that would be awesome! :D

As far as custom sound for DST goes, I would recommend creating the mod in DS and porting it into DST. This is what I did, as I ran into a similar issue. As far as removing the footstep sound goes, there's no really easy way to do that. As long as the game recognizes your character as, well, a character, it will insert the footstep sounds. There's probably a way to code it to not happen, so I would go and look through the game files to learn more about the luas associated with the footstep sound, and see if there's a code you could tag with your character to remove this.

Hope this helps

Finally, something I can help with xD

I made custom sounds for my character as well, and DST is a little bit more intensive than DS... mainly because you NEED to play the sound within a specific range or else it will play to the entire world (I pulled out my hair with this issue until I discovered how to fix it.). If you'd like a copy of my character's fdp file (used by FMOD Designer in Klei's Don't Starve Mod Tools), just notify me and I'd be glad to help a fellow member of the forums! As for the footstep problem... no idea for a fix there :/

Edited by Dudedude

Finally, something I can help with xD

I made custom sounds for my character as well, and DST is a little bit more intensive than DS... mainly because you NEED to play the sound within a specific range or else it will play to the entire world (I pulled out my hair with this issue until I discovered how to fix it.). If you'd like a copy of my character's fdp file (used by FMOD Designer in Klei's Don't Starve Mod Tools), just notify me and I'd be glad to help a fellow member of the forums! As for the footstep problem... no idea for a fix there :/

Well, your signature doesn't exactly inspire confidence about your ability to help with coding...

I'm kidding! I mean, pretty much everything I know about coding I learned just by messing around with it. XD

As for the sound problem, mine is more that no sound plays at all. >.> But your character's fdp files could still help! Thanks! :D

Well, your signature doesn't exactly inspire confidence about your ability to help with coding...

I'm kidding! I mean, pretty much everything I know about coding I learned just by messing around with it. XD

As for the sound problem, mine is more that no sound plays at all. >.> But your character's fdp files could still help! Thanks! :grin:

Yeah, I'm rather open about my terrible coding skills xD

But luckily sound requires relatively little code :D