Lag upon discovering entire map

Hi guys,

So I was playing an offline game on my own as I don't own Don't Starve. I noticed that when I discovered the entire world (or about 90% of it) that it started lagging drastically. My character (Wig) walks very slow and the whole thing kinda stutters. I wondered what could cause this and if anyone has any ideas of what I can do that might help fix it?

Cheers,

Cassie

Hmmm, I haven't had that issue after discovering all/most of the map. Are you using any mods? Alternately, could your system specs be right on the line of smooth playability?

Also, just to make sure... are you playing DST offline, by yourself, or are you playing singeplayer DS offline?

Hmmm, I haven't had that issue after discovering all/most of the map. Are you using any mods? Alternately, could your system specs be right on the line of smooth playability?

Also, just to make sure... are you playing DST offline, by yourself, or are you playing singeplayer DS offline?

DST Offline by myself lol. I don't own DS :)

I do have some mods installed - perhaps I will uninstall those and see if it still has issues :)

Yeah, try disabling all of your mods and seeing if the issue persists. You don't need to uninstall/unsubscribe, just disable them so that you still have them available if they're not the actual cause. After disabling them all, enable them one at a time and see if any of them are causing it. The weird thing about modding is that it should be straightforward and only do what it intends to do, it's all direct code, but every now and again a mod can have completely unintended consequences. Sometimes it can also be a combination of two mods, whose code impacts the other. 

Archived