Recompiled Badge Animation

Arkathorn

My current project involves using a spectrum of blank badges (The circles in which your Health, Hunger, Sanity, Beaverness, etc. are displayed), and I have recently run into an issue.

Using Simplex's "krane", I have decompiled the "health.zip" animation, which stores the visual assets for the Health Badge. However, upon renaming the decompiled animation's build name to "badge_red", and saving it in "badge_red.scml", in the folder "exported\badge_red", a very strange issue appears: The badge renders correctly, except for the red semicircle that indicates the percent level of the badge. The semicircle is offset up significantly, so that it's bottom is somewhere near the center of the badge (not sure if exactly the center). As the percent increases, the offset decreases, until at 100%, the badge is (probably) correctly rendered. Does anyone know why this is, or have any ideas? I believe it may have something to do with a set of code for normal badges involving "toppers", but this is just a guess.

If you only want to remove the heart symbol, why don't you decompile the atlas-0.tex file and edit the images out using any photo editing software? You can use ktools or matts tools to decompile tex files.

I would, but I need to make a variety of different badges, so the build and bank names have to be different.

Archived