[HELP] Custom mod MISSING NAME

halfrose

ok, so I have two mods I've bade recently(today to be exact) and I happened to run across a small problem:

when I hover the mouse on them, it shows 'MISSING NAME'

I tried to solve it by adding to the modman.lua this string:

GLOBAL.STRINGS.NAMES.ITEMPREFABNAME= "objectname"

however, it is still not solving the issue

any help would be highly appreciated

@halfrose

I had the same issue for my character's custom item until a member helped me. Here's my .lua files including the name: (Lines 70 and 71)

fedora.lua

This was how I was taught to structure the names, but also it's important to make sure you have the prefab listed in the mod files under the correct name, otherwise it can make things difficult. I don't know if the item's placement in the prefab files has an effect, but as long as it is not placed inside of a local category (assets, function, prefabs, etc.) it should be ok.

Hope this helps

@halfrose

I had the same issue for my character's custom item until a member helped me. Here's my .lua files including the name: (Lines 70 and 71)

attachicon.giffedora.lua

This was how I was taught to structure the names, but also it's important to make sure you have the prefab listed in the mod files under the correct name, otherwise it can make things difficult. I don't know if the item's placement in the prefab files has an effect, but as long as it is not placed inside of a local category (assets, function, prefabs, etc.) it should be ok.

Hope this helps

Yes it helped a lot now the names are working!

These two were the only missing strings in the prefabs.

Thanks a lot for helping!

Don't know if this is completely fixed already, or you already know, but:

Your text

ITEMPREFABNAME

Must be the actual prefab name in capitals. 

If prefab name has a space in it, the space is an underscore.

EX: ITEM_PREFAB_NAME

Hope this helps a bit

It already got solved actually, but also thanks for the help too.

Archived