Question about Spriter

Figures "2" on screenshot. The most amazing thing that the hat on the ground changes, and on head - no ... I'm using Hat Example 1.0 mod.

inst.Transform:SetScale(1,1,1) is a good thing, but it happens the same.

Now at the beginning. I can not upload my mod in the Steam. The most likely reason - it is the file size with pictures. Empirically(after ~60 tries), I found out that the file must be less than 100 kilobytes. To do this I need to compress images. However, compressed images are too small and need to stretch the game.

Figures "2" on screenshot. The most amazing thing that the hat on the ground changes, and on head - no ... I'm using Hat Example 1.0 mod.

inst.Transform:SetScale(1,1,1) is a good thing, but it happens the same.

Now at the beginning. I can not upload my mod in the Steam. The most likely reason - it is the file size with pictures. Empirically(after ~60 tries), I found out that the file must be less than 100 kilobytes. To do this I need to compress images. However, compressed images are too small and need to stretch the game.

Firstly, you need to change the image size for overriding symbols. It sucks, but that's the only way it works.

Secondly, I'm sure it's 100 megabytes on DS workshop.

Firstly, you need to change the image size for overriding symbols. It sucks, but that's the only way it works.

Secondly, I'm sure it's 100 megabytes on DS workshop.

Starofdeath, Mobbstar answered your question: an item which is equippable (can be held or worn) needs two animations: (1) an animation of the object sitting on the ground, (2) an animation of the object when it's equipped.  The game swaps the second animation in with AnimState:OverrideSymbol() when the item is equipped.

As Mobbstar says, the second animation disregards the scale that you set in Spriter - that's just how it works.  You need to scale the original image in your drawing program (such as paint.net) to change its size.

If it interesting to somebody, i found answer on my question.

Go to anim/hat_swap.rar ->(extract)-> atlas-0.tex ->(convert)-> atlas-0.png

resize atlas-0.png from 1024x1024 to (for example) 256x256. 

atlas-0.png ->(convert)-> atlas-0.tex ->(pack with replace)-> hat_swap.rar

Done. Nothin more. Now we have small textures wich looks like normal in the game.

Archived