Crockpot food too big and Plant Regrowth

Hello everyone!

I am trying to fix a couple of my mods from the latest updates and all is good except for the iced coconut is huge in the crockpot. See here:

(Sorry for the link, site says I can't embed Steam or Imgur so I gave up)

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/419187061818621045/1B412FDAB927061581CB3ACFD6C26C4D40D40AE8/

Any ideas?

Also, can anyone explain what the new regrowth component applies to? It only causes crashes when I add it to the palm trees but is present in vanilla evergreens.

Thanks as always.

Prof

Edited by ProfFarnsworth

@ProfFarnsworth, does the coconut image have power of 2 dimensions?

If not, maybe that's what causes the issue.

The plantregrowth component makes evergreens, lumpy evergreens, and leafy trees, to expand, regrow.

But I think it should just not work for your stuff, not crash.

Thanks DarkXero, the dimensions were 500 x 500 so I changed them to 512. Still the same issue.

So plantregrowth makes trees spread naturally? When I added it, it crashed due to nil reference at tuning_regrowth or something like that.

@ProfFarnsworth, yeah, definitely a nil somewhere, because TimeMultipliers doesn't have your prefab on it, and thus, InternalTimes wouldn't be able to generate a time for your prefab. So there's a nil floating there somewhere. Crashes on saving, at the least.

Also, I opened the crock pot food file. You should resize your coconut to something like that.

post-537485-0-30623600-1440697294_thumb.

• Like 1

@ProfFarnsworth, yeah, definitely a nil somewhere, because TimeMultipliers doesn't have your prefab on it, and thus, InternalTimes wouldn't be able to generate a time for your prefab. So there's a nil floating there somewhere. Crashes on saving, at the least.

Also, I opened the crock pot food file. You should resize your coconut to something like that.

Do you know how I can modify that table to include my trees without overwriting the file?

resize the image in your image editor.

I will try resizing the image, but I am not sure why this is an issue now when it used to work. By that I mean what changed that makes the game recognize the initial .png dimensions?

Thanks again both of you.

@DarkXero

Resizing the image worked so thanks again. If you have any information about overwriting a table or a link, it would be appreciated. I have found some that pertains to overwriting a function in a component, would a table work the same way? i.e. Save the original and load the modified?

@ProfFarnsworth, if you copy and paste plantregrowth.lua into a components folder in your mod, it will overwrite completely the one in the game.

I suggest that you do that, but you rename your component into prof_plantregrowth. That way, if others do the same for their own plants, there won't be a conflict.

You would have a table for your prefabs.

local TimeMultipliers = {    ["coconut_tree"] = function()        return 1    end,}

And you would add the component prof_plantregrowth to your prefabs, and use the SetRegrowthRate, SetProduct, and SetSearchTag as if it were the original plantregrowth.

@ProfFarnsworth, if you copy and paste plantregrowth.lua into a components folder in your mod, it will overwrite completely the one in the game.

I suggest that you do that, but you rename your component into prof_plantregrowth. That way, if others do the same for their own plants, there won't be a conflict.

You would have a table for your prefabs.

local TimeMultipliers = {    ["coconut_tree"] = function()        return 1    end,}

And you would add the component prof_plantregrowth to your prefabs, and use the SetRegrowthRate, SetProduct, and SetSearchTag as if it were the original plantregrowth.

Cool thanks again for the help. I'll give it a shot and see if it works.