Custom character mod: BIG questions

lpLbAFd.pngtcFIXJG.png

hi! my name is mata, i'm working on a custom character mod for my character: crykov! crykov is half cat, half enderman, which are a mob type from popular indie game minecraft.

you can find the mod in it's current status here: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=504987058

my original goal when i made this mod was just to shove my own character into the game so i could be unique, but i want it to be a mod that others can be able to use, that is also well-balanced

here's what my character has so far

*a starter item called "blink" with a place-holder inventory icon which was taken from the Pearl mod, i had trouble scripting my own item, due to an error that pointed out something that wasn't even in the script, so i used the pearl mod as a base.

*low stats to balance out her ability to teleport (100 hunger, 150 health and 150 sanity)

*slightly faster walk speed

*70% custom dialogue

here's what i want her to have in the future: (i'll cross out things i have successfully added)

*slightly faster swing speed with all items (decided not to add this one)

*The ability to generate her own stable source of Nightmare Fuel. (1 every 3 days?)

*No sanity boost for prototyping unless it's from the Magic tab.

*Small sanity loss when near a Science Machine

*a small, purple glow that serves almost no purpose other than to keep Charlie away.

*Small sanity boost at night

*Heavy health loss depending on moisture levels. none when dry, slight when damp, and instant death when soaked.

*custom recipes for custom weapons and items for the Magic tab (a few ideas i have is a custom campfire/fire pit, which gives off a very large and long-lasting glow (perhaps it lasts 2-3 days) but is only powered by nightmare fuel.

*ability to eat purple gems, which boosts max stats.

what i know how to do:

*Add components from other items to make custom items work like them. (added the component "blinkstaff" to my teleportation item)

*change walkspeed

*reskinning and custom art (i have trouble with items, for some reason they do not appear on the ground or in my hand, and the arm disappears when the item is used)

*VERY experienced in animation as seen here and i know how to make playable avatars with Flash scripting, as seen here, but no idea how to add custom animation to DST

*renaming items, adding things to the prefab files and PrefabFiles code in modmain.lua

*everything this guide describes how to do

SO basically all the questions i have is how to do everything under "stuff i want my character to have in the future"

if anyone knows ANYTHING on how to add ANY of this stuff, i'd appreciate a guide or tutorial link, or any primary-source help you can provide !

thank you!!

Edited by Crykov

*slightly faster swing speed with all items

Don't bother with this, faster animations actually require creating entirely new animations.  Woodie has his own animation for chopping, along with his own entry into the wilson stategraph.

This kind of a feature would give a headache, I'd suggest a workaround.  You can still do it, but it's a lot of extra work.

*The ability to generate her own stable source of Nightmare Fuel. (1 every 3 days?)

Elaborate on what you would want, just appearing directly into your inventory?

*Small sanity loss when near a Science Machine
if GLOBAL.TheNet:GetIsServer() then	AddPrefabPostInit("researchlab", function(inst)		inst:AddComponent("sanityaura")		inst.components.sanityaura.aura = 0	end)	AddPrefabPostInit("researchlab2", function(inst)		inst:AddComponent("sanityaura")		inst.components.sanityaura.aura = 0	end)	AddComponentPostInit("sanityaura", function(self)		local old = self.GetAura		function self:GetAura(observer)			if observer.prefab == "crykov" and (self.inst.prefab == "researchlab" or self.inst.prefab == "researchlab2") then				return -0.5 --Adjust this to your liking			end			if old then				return old(self,observer)			end		end	end)end
*a small, purple glow that serves almost no purpose other than to keep Charlie away.

You can just make charlie not attack the character ever, light source isn't needed for that.

*Small sanity boost at night
--master_postinitinst.components.sanity.night_drain_mult = -0.1
*custom recipes for custom weapons and items for the Magic tab
--common_postinitinst:AddTag("crykovcrafter") 
--modmainlocal TECH = GLOBAL.TECHlocal RECIPETABS = GLOBAL.RECIPETABSlocal customweapon_recipe = AddRecipe("customweapon", { Ingredient("nightmarefuel", 1), Ingredient("twigs", 1), Ingredient("cutgrass", 2) }, RECIPETABS.MAGIC, TECH.NONE, nil, nil, nil, nil, "crykovcrafter", "images/inventoryimages/customweapon.xml")
Edited by Zackreaver
  • Like 1

thank you Zackreaver!! that helps a lot!! anywhere i could +rep you?

To elaborate on the Nightmare Fuel thing, i'd love to add some kind of custom-animated aura around her, but I think I'd like to start with nightmare fuel just casually appearing in her inventory.

and i do want a small glow, it would be part of the character's aesthetic.

Edited by Crykov
  • Like 1

thank you Zackreaver!! that helps a lot!! anywhere i could +rep you?

I don't really know, I guess you could like the post, doesn't really matter to me though :-)

To elaborate on the Nightmare Fuel thing, i'd love to add some kind of custom-animated aura around her, but I think I'd like to start with nightmare fuel just casually appearing in her inventory.

Here's a very basic version of this

--master_postinitinst:AddComponent("periodicspawner")inst.components.periodicspawner:SetPrefab("nightmarefuel")inst.components.periodicspawner:SetRandomTimes(480,960)inst.components.periodicspawner:SetOnSpawnFn(function(inst,fuel)    if fuel then        inst.components.inventory:GiveItem(fuel)    endend)

The only problem with this is when you reload a save the timer resets, this can be fixed with a little bit of work though.

But that's why I said it's a very simple method for it.

one more question. where is common_postinit? is that just the crykov.lua folder?

Yes, it's in the crykov.lua

It's right above the function master_postinit

Edited by Zackreaver
  • Like 1

thank u so much for the quick reply! i can throw all this stuff in before me and my friend's session.

any know about how to add a glow? actually, i think i can just drag the Torch script over. thank you for the help !!

Edited by Crykov
  • Like 1

any know about how to add a glow?

--master_postinit

inst.glow = GLOBAL.SpawnPrefab("minerhatlight")

inst.glow.Light:SetRadius(10)

inst.glow.Light:SetColour(1,1,0)

inst.glow.entity:SetParent(inst.entity) 

Edited by Zackreaver
  • Like 1

*ability to eat purple gems, which boosts max stats.

This was taken from WX78, modified a little bit

--ModMainGLOBAL.FOODTYPE.PURPLEGEM = "PURPLEGEM"GLOBAL.FOODGROUP.CRYKOV =    {        name = "CRYKOV",        types =        {            GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.VEGGIE,            GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.SEEDS,            GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.GENERIC,			GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.MEAT,			GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.PURPLEGEM,        },	}	if GLOBAL.TheNet:GetIsServer() then		AddPrefabPostInit("purplegem",function(inst)		inst:AddComponent("edible")		inst.components.edible.foodtype = GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.PURPLEGEM		inst.components.edible.healthvalue = 0		inst.components.edible.hungervalue = 0		inst.components.edible.sanityvalue = 0	end)end
--character.lualocal function applyupgrades(inst)    local max_upgrades = 15	local minhunger = TUNING.WX78_MIN_HUNGER	local maxhunger = TUNING.WX78_MAX_HUNGER	local minhealth = TUNING.WX78_MIN_HEALTH	local maxhealth = TUNING.WX78_MAX_HEALTH	local minsanity = TUNING.WX78_MIN_SANITY	local maxsanity = TUNING.WX78_MAX_SANITY    inst.level = math.min(inst.level, max_upgrades)    local hunger_percent = inst.components.hunger:GetPercent()    local health_percent = inst.components.health:GetPercent()    local sanity_percent = inst.components.sanity:GetPercent()    inst.components.hunger.max = math.ceil(minhunger + inst.level * (maxhunger - minhunger) / max_upgrades)    inst.components.health.maxhealth = math.ceil(minhealth + inst.level * (maxhealth - minhealth) / max_upgrades)    inst.components.sanity.max = math.ceil(minsanity + inst.level * (maxsanity - minsanity) / max_upgrades)    inst.components.hunger:SetPercent(hunger_percent)    inst.components.health:SetPercent(health_percent)    inst.components.sanity:SetPercent(sanity_percent)endlocal function oneat(inst, food)    if food and food.components.edible and food.components.edible.foodtype == FOODTYPE.PURPLEGEM then        --give an upgrade!        inst.level = inst.level + 1        applyupgrades(inst) --        inst.SoundEmitter:PlaySound("dontstarve/characters/wx78/levelup")    endendlocal function onpreload(inst, data)    if data ~= nil and data.level ~= nil then        inst.level = data.level        applyupgrades(inst)        --re-set these from the save data, because of load-order clipping issues        if data.health and data.health.health then inst.components.health:SetCurrentHealth(data.health.health) end        if data.hunger and data.hunger.hunger then inst.components.hunger.current = data.hunger.hunger end        if data.sanity and data.sanity.current then inst.components.sanity.current = data.sanity.current end        inst.components.health:DoDelta(0)        inst.components.hunger:DoDelta(0)        inst.components.sanity:DoDelta(0)    endendlocal function onload(inst, data)	--Didn't see anything worth keeping hereendlocal function onsave(inst, data)    data.level = inst.level > 0 and inst.level or nilend--master_postinitinst.level = 0inst.components.eater:SetDiet({FOODGROUP.CRYKOV})inst.components.eater:SetOnEatFn(oneat)applyupgrades(inst)inst.OnSave = onsaveinst.OnLoad = onloadinst.OnPreLoad = onpreload
Edited by Zackreaver
  • Like 1

Here's a very basic version of this

--master_postinitinst:AddComponent("periodicspawner")inst.components.periodicspawner:SetPrefab("nightmarefuel")inst.components.periodicspawner:SetRandomTimes(480,960)inst.components.periodicspawner:SetOnSpawnFn(function(inst,fuel)    if fuel then        inst.components.inventory:GiveItem(fuel)    end)

i believe the code is faulty. I tried to add it under master_postinit, and i got the error saying the parenthesis at the end was unexpected. I removed it, and it told me it expected the parenthesis at the end.

????

Thank you for the purple gem script. can you test these scripts before you send me them?

Edited by Crykov

i believe the code is faulty.

Yeah I forgot to end the function, I fixed my original post

inst.components.periodicspawner:SetOnSpawnFn(function(inst,fuel)         if fuel then                 inst.components.inventory:GiveItem(fuel)         end ) 

should actually be

inst.components.periodicspawner:SetOnSpawnFn(function(inst,fuel)         if fuel then                 inst.components.inventory:GiveItem(fuel)         end end) 
can you test these scripts before you send me them?

My apologies for that, most of the code I gave is very simple, I just forgot to end that one function there.

Also, after rereading WX78's code, I realized I forgot to initialize the levels to 0

so be sure to put this into your master_postinit

--master_postinitinst.level = 0
Edited by Zackreaver

thank u very much!! i feel like i should be paying you for this, you're basically making my mod for me

what's your steam account? i would like to add you in the credits :0

Edited by Crykov

the nightmare fuel script doesn't seem to work still, i've tried using LongUpdate(x) to test it as well as just playing normally, but no nightmare fuel appears. is "fuel" supposed to be "nightmarefuel" ?

Edited by Crykov

@Crykov, my contribution.

I fixed the PeriodicSpawner, a Start() was missing there.

I made a Wilson replacement mod.

All you need to do is put the modmain on the modmain things, and the master_postinit things in the master_postinit things, and etc.

Pretty straightforward.

whoaa! you put all sorts of scripts that i needed in there!

thank you so much !!

@DarkXero sorry if i seems like i'm milking you now, you don't have to reply if you don't want to, as these extras aren't that important.

can i set my character to say something when it begins raining? like, "i better get to cover soon" or something like that.

also, my character gets the Eat prompt for the gem, but when i right-click to eat it or drag it onto my character, nothing happens.

here's my modmain script:

PrefabFiles = {	"crykov", "blink",}Assets = {    Asset( "IMAGE", "images/saveslot_portraits/crykov.tex" ),    Asset( "ATLAS", "images/saveslot_portraits/crykov.xml" ),    Asset( "IMAGE", "images/selectscreen_portraits/crykov.tex" ),    Asset( "ATLAS", "images/selectscreen_portraits/crykov.xml" ),	    Asset( "IMAGE", "images/selectscreen_portraits/crykov_silho.tex" ),    Asset( "ATLAS", "images/selectscreen_portraits/crykov_silho.xml" ),    Asset( "IMAGE", "bigportraits/crykov.tex" ),    Asset( "ATLAS", "bigportraits/crykov.xml" ),		Asset( "IMAGE", "images/map_icons/crykov.tex" ),	Asset( "ATLAS", "images/map_icons/crykov.xml" ),		Asset( "IMAGE", "images/avatars/avatar_crykov.tex" ),    Asset( "ATLAS", "images/avatars/avatar_crykov.xml" ),		Asset( "IMAGE", "images/avatars/avatar_ghost_crykov.tex" ),    Asset( "ATLAS", "images/avatars/avatar_ghost_crykov.xml" ),}--pre-learned Magic recipes + craftable gemslocal require = GLOBAL.requirelocal STRINGS = GLOBAL.STRINGSlocal TECH = GLOBAL.TECHlocal RECIPETABS = GLOBAL.RECIPETABSlocal blink_recipe = AddRecipe("blink", { Ingredient("nightmarefuel", 1) }, RECIPETABS.MAGIC, TECH.NONE, nil, nil, nil, nil, "crykovcrafter", "images/inventoryimages/blink.xml")local nightsword_recipe = AddRecipe("nightsword", { Ingredient("nightmarefuel", 5), Ingredient("livinglog", 1) }, RECIPETABS.MAGIC, TECH.NONE, nil, nil, nil, nil, "crykovcrafter")local armor_sanity_recipe = AddRecipe("armor_sanity", { Ingredient("nightmarefuel", 5), Ingredient("papyrus", 3) }, RECIPETABS.MAGIC, TECH.NONE, nil, nil, nil, nil, "crykovcrafter")local nightlight = AddRecipe("nightsword", {Ingredient("nightmarefuel", 5), Ingredient("livinglog", 1)}, RECIPETABS.MAGIC, TECH.NONE, nil, nil, nil, nil, "crykovcrafter")local amulet = AddRecipe("amulet", {Ingredient("goldnugget", 3), Ingredient("nightmarefuel", 2),Ingredient("redgem", 1) }, RECIPETABS.MAGIC, TECH.NONE, nil, nil, nil, nil, "crykovcrafter")local firestaff = AddRecipe("firestaff", {Ingredient("nightmarefuel", 2), Ingredient("spear", 1), Ingredient("redgem", 1)}, RECIPETABS.MAGIC, TECH.NONE, nil, nil, nil, nil, "crykovcrafter")local icestaff = AddRecipe("icestaff", {Ingredient("spear", 1),Ingredient("bluegem", 1)}, RECIPETABS.MAGIC, TECH.NONE, nil, nil, nil, nil, "crykovcrafter")local redgem = AddRecipe("redgem", {Ingredient("nightmarefuel", 2),Ingredient("rocks", 3),Ingredient("torch", 1)}, RECIPETABS.REFINE, TECH.NONE, nil, nil, nil, nil, "crykovcrafter")local bluegem = AddRecipe("bluegem", {Ingredient("nightmarefuel", 2),Ingredient("rocks", 3),Ingredient("ice", 1)}, RECIPETABS.REFINE, TECH.NONE, nil, nil, nil, nil, "crykovcrafter")STRINGS.RECIPE_DESC.BLINK = "Ender power!"STRINGS.RECIPE_DESC.REDGEM = "Harness the ruby's firey magic."STRINGS.RECIPE_DESC.BLUEGEM = "Harness the sapphire's icey power."-- The character select screen linesSTRINGS.CHARACTER_TITLES.crykov = "The Enderborn"STRINGS.CHARACTER_NAMES.crykov = "Crykov"STRINGS.CHARACTER_DESCRIPTIONS.crykov = "*Is half enderman. Produces nightmare fuel naturally.\n*Knows a lot about magic but hates science.\n*Likes the night and can see in the dark.\n*Can craft gems."STRINGS.CHARACTER_QUOTES.crykov = "\"It's me!\""-- Custom speech stringsSTRINGS.CHARACTERS.CRYKOV = require "speech_crykov"-- The character's name as appears in-game STRINGS.NAMES.CRYKOV = "Crykov"GLOBAL.STRINGS.NAMES.BLINK = "Blink"-- The default responses of examining the characterSTRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.CRYKOV = {	GENERIC = "It's Crykov!",	ATTACKER = "That Crykov looks shifty...",	MURDERER = "Murderer!",	REVIVER = "Crykov, friend of ghosts.",	GHOST = "Crykov could use a heart.",}AddMinimapAtlas("images/map_icons/crykov.xml")-- Add mod character to mod character list. Also specify a gender. Possible genders are MALE, FEMALE, ROBOT, NEUTRAL, and PLURAL.AddModCharacter("crykov", "FEMALE")-- sanity loss near science machineif GLOBAL.TheNet:GetIsServer() then    AddPrefabPostInit("researchlab", function(inst)        inst:AddComponent("sanityaura")        inst.components.sanityaura.aura = 0    end)    AddPrefabPostInit("researchlab2", function(inst)        inst:AddComponent("sanityaura")        inst.components.sanityaura.aura = 0    end)    AddComponentPostInit("sanityaura", function(self)        local old = self.GetAura        function self:GetAura(observer)            if observer.prefab == "crykov" and (self.inst.prefab == "researchlab" or self.inst.prefab == "researchlab2") then                return -0.5 --Adjust this to your liking            end            if old then                return old(self,observer)            end        end    end)end-- Gem eating mechanicslocal ACTIONS = GLOBAL.ACTIONSlocal ActionHandler = GLOBAL.ActionHandler-- Tags purple gem to be eatenlocal function MakeDelicious(inst)	inst:AddTag("purple_flavor")endAddPrefabPostInit("purplegem", MakeDelicious)-- Action of eating gem and gaining a levellocal function ProcessGem(act)	if act.doer and act.doer:HasTag("purple_lover") then		local obj = act.target or act.invobject		if obj and obj:HasTag("purple_flavor") then			if obj.components.stackable then				obj.components.stackable:Get():Remove()			else				obj:Remove()			end			act.doer:PushEvent("gemmed_up")			return true		end	endendAddAction("PROCESSPURPLE", "Eat", ProcessGem)-- Lets gem get a Eat prompt on inventorylocal function GemPrompt(inst, doer, actions)	if inst and inst:HasTag("purple_flavor") then		if doer and doer:HasTag("purple_lover") then			table.insert(actions, ACTIONS.PROCESSPURPLE)		end	endendAddComponentAction("INVENTORY", "inspectable", GemPrompt)-- Looks like the player eats meatlocal processhandler = ActionHandler(ACTIONS.PROCESSPURPLE, "Eat")AddStategraphActionHandler("crykov", processhandler) 

here's my crykov.lua script

local MakePlayerCharacter = require "prefabs/player_common"local assets = {        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_basic.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_idles_shiver.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_axe.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_pickaxe.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_shovel.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_blowdart.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_eat.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_item.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_uniqueitem.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_bugnet.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_fishing.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_boomerang.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_bush_hat.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_attacks.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_idles.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_rebirth.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_jump.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_amulet_resurrect.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_teleport.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/wilson_fx.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_one_man_band.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/shadow_hands.zip" ),        Asset( "SOUND", "sound/sfx.fsb" ),        Asset( "SOUND", "sound/wilson.fsb" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/beard.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/crykov.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/ghost_crykov_build.zip" ),}local prefabs = {}local start_hunger = 100local start_health = 150local start_sanity = 150local max_hunger = 200local max_health = 300local max_sanity = 250-- Custom starting itemslocal start_inv = {	"blink",}-- When the character is revived from humanlocal function onbecamehuman(inst)	-- Set speed when loading or reviving from ghost (optional)	inst.components.locomotor.walkspeed = 6	inst.components.locomotor.runspeed = 8.5end-- When loading or spawning the characterlocal function onload(inst)    inst:ListenForEvent("ms_respawnedfromghost", onbecamehuman)    if not inst:HasTag("playerghost") then        onbecamehuman(inst)    endend-- This initializes for both the server and client. Tags can be added here.local common_postinit = function(inst) 	-- Minimap icon	inst.MiniMapEntity:SetIcon( "crykov.tex" )	-- crafter tag	inst:AddTag("crykovcrafter")	-- purple gem tag	inst:AddTag("purple_lover")endlocal function applyupgrades(inst)	local max_upgrades = 10	inst.level = math.min(inst.level, max_upgrades)	local hunger_percent = inst.components.hunger:GetPercent()	local health_percent = inst.components.health:GetPercent()	local sanity_percent = inst.components.sanity:GetPercent()	inst.components.hunger.max = math.ceil(start_hunger + inst.level * (max_hunger - start_hunger) / max_upgrades)	inst.components.health.maxhealth = math.ceil(start_health + inst.level * (max_health - start_health) / max_upgrades)	inst.components.sanity.max = math.ceil(start_sanity + inst.level * (max_sanity - start_sanity) / max_upgrades)	inst.components.hunger:SetPercent(hunger_percent)	inst.components.health:SetPercent(health_percent)	inst.components.sanity:SetPercent(sanity_percent)	if inst.level == max_upgrades then		inst.components.hunger:DoDelta(max_hunger / 2)		inst.components.health:DoDelta(max_health / 2)		inst.components.sanity:DoDelta(max_sanity / 2)	endendlocal function WetDamage(inst)	local moisture = inst.components.moisture.moisture	local dead = inst.components.health:IsDead()	if moisture > 1 and not dead then		inst.components.health:DoDelta(-inst.waterdamage, true, "WaterHate", false, nil, true)	else		if inst.wetdamagetask then			inst.wetdamagetask:Cancel()			inst.wetdamagetask = nil		end	endendlocal function changeHealthOnWet(inst, data)	inst.waterdamage = inst.components.moisture:GetMoisturePercent() * 3 	-- 3 damage per second at full moisture (percent is 1)	-- Instakill near max moisture is brutal	if not inst.wetdamagetask then		inst.wetdamagetask = inst:DoPeriodicTask(1, WetDamage)	endendlocal function OnSave(inst, data)	data.level = inst.level > 0 and inst.level or nilendlocal function OnPreLoad(inst, data)	if data and data.level then		inst.level = data.level		applyupgrades(inst)		if data.health and data.health.health then			inst.components.health:SetCurrentHealth(data.health.health)		end		if data.hunger and data.hunger.hunger then			inst.components.hunger.current = data.hunger.hunger		end		if data.sanity and data.sanity.current then			inst.components.sanity.current = data.sanity.current		end		inst.components.health:DoDelta(0)		inst.components.hunger:DoDelta(0)		inst.components.sanity:DoDelta(0)	endendlocal function OnGemEat(inst)	inst.level = inst.level + 1	applyupgrades(inst)endlocal function OnSpawnFuel(inst, fuel)	inst.components.inventory:GiveItem(fuel)endlocal function SpawnTest(inst)	return not inst.components.health:IsDead()end-- This initializes for the server only. Components are added here.local master_postinit = function(inst)	-- choose which sounds this character will play	inst.soundsname = "wendy"		-- Uncomment if "wathgrithr"(Wigfrid) or "webber" voice is used    --inst.talker_path_override = "dontstarve_DLC001/characters/"		-- Stats		inst.components.health:SetMaxHealth(150)	inst.components.hunger:SetMax(100)	inst.components.sanity:SetMax(150)		-- Damage multiplier (optional)    inst.components.combat.damagemultiplier = 1		-- Hunger rate (optional)	inst.components.hunger.hungerrate = 0.9 * TUNING.WILSON_HUNGER_RATE			-- Nightmare fuel periodic spawner, be sure to be alive for it!	inst:AddComponent("periodicspawner")	inst.components.periodicspawner:SetPrefab("nightmarefuel")	inst.components.periodicspawner:SetRandomTimes(480, 480)	inst.components.periodicspawner:SetOnSpawnFn(OnSpawnFuel)	inst.components.periodicspawner:SetSpawnTestFn(SpawnTest)	inst.components.periodicspawner:Start()			-- Sanity prototype boost only for magic tab	local _UnlockRecipe = inst.components.builder.UnlockRecipe	inst.components.builder.UnlockRecipe = function(self, recname)		local _ignore = self.inst.components.sanity.ignore		local recipe = GetValidRecipe(recname)		if recipe and not recipe.nounlock and recipe.tab == RECIPETABS.MAGIC then			self.inst.components.sanity:DoDelta(TUNING.SANITY_MED)		end		self.inst.components.sanity.ignore = true		_UnlockRecipe(self, recname)		self.inst.components.sanity.ignore = _ignore	end			-- Health loss on moisture	inst.waterdamage = 0.1	inst:ListenForEvent("moisturedelta", changeHealthOnWet)			-- Stats definition, and leveling system	inst.level = 0	applyupgrades(inst)	inst:ListenForEvent("gemmed_up", OnGemEat)		-- night vision		inst.entity:AddLight()		inst.Light:Enable(true)		inst.Light:SetRadius(6)		inst.Light:SetFalloff(.5)		inst.Light:SetIntensity(0.8)		inst.Light:SetColour(206/255,139/255,235/255)		--sanity boost at night		inst.components.sanity.night_drain_mult = -1			inst.OnLoad = onload    inst.OnNewSpawn = onload	endreturn MakePlayerCharacter("crykov", prefabs, assets, common_postinit, master_postinit, start_inv)
Edited by Crykov

@Crykov,

AddStategraphActionHandler("crykov", processhandler)

should have "wilson", because all characters use the SGwilson stategraph.

For the rain thing, include this in your prefab file

local function OnStartRain(inst)	if inst:HasTag("playerghost") then		inst.components.talker:Say("Good thing it goes through me.")	else		inst.components.talker:Say("I shouldn't let water soak me.")	endend

and inside the master_postinit

inst:WatchWorldState("startrain", OnStartRain)

however, i'm still unable to eat the gem, even after correcting the wilson/crykov thing

local processhandler = ActionHandler(ACTIONS.PROCESSPURPLE, "Eat")

Here you changed "eat", to "Eat".

Change it back.

"eat" refers to a state name, not the action string.