Deerclops and Giants in DST

So a friend and I have picked up playing DST, spending hours trying to figure out the game and having a blast doing it. Then we encountered Deerclops and we read about him and it says 20 hits with a fire staff or the fire darts and all of that... Turns out not the case I hit him with 23 fire darts and about 40 fire staff hits with no success.

Does there need to be 2 seperate wikis for DST and DS? I feel like these pages need to be more accurate for the multiplayer version.  There's either that, or this is a bug?

The same goes for spiders.  A green spider took me over 9 hits with the fire staff.

I guess where this is going is, why are the proper stats not listed on the wiki? Is this some sort of bug? I understand that there can be a difficulty scale because it's multiplayer but there has to be some sort of information that relates to multiplay and not just the single player version that we have information about. I feel like all the giants will be the same in this respect and I'd like to know what I'm in for.

@SirJP, You know there is a thing called "testing it out for yourself" and you did say you knew that there is higher hp for multiplayer, but yes deerclops has more hp than single player deerclops it's not a bug and yeah the wiki is getting updated for dst.

First:

I understand that there can be a difficulty scale because it's multiplayer

I never mentioned that I knew there was. As I was talking about my encounter and what the wiki actually has mentioned.  I'm putting it out there that its not beyond comprehension that there can be a difficulty scale, but if there is it's not noted in the wiki.

Second: I also understand the method of testing as I failed Deerclops and only seen him once and it was that time and we failed and tried again and filed and turned to the wiki for some guidance as we're learning to play as we go. Which brings us full circle.  There should be some mention to scaling and if those nubers are approximations. It shouldn't be listed at 20 and the real number be in the hundreds.

Thanks for alerting me to the tab... That helps a little, but even when the hit points are doubled it still doesn't add up to the damage that he was taking... I hit him with easily triple what DS wiki says and 50% more than the DST says.  I'll make sure I check those tabs from now on but having some sort of chart for the same encounter would be great.

The fire staff and fire darts need to be used gradually, not all in one blow, because if you shoot two darts or hit something with firestaff twice, the fire effect will simply "reset" and there won't be any x2 fore damage or anything. So if you ise fire items, use one, wait till the enemy extinguishes and then shoot again, otherwise you're just wasting fire darts/fire staff durability.

Archived