Making birds fly away?

I'm having trouble getting birds on the screen to fly away when a function is called.

here is a snippet of the code

if v.prefab == "robin" then 	v:DoTaskInTime(0.5, function(v) v:PushEvent("flyaway") end)	v:PushEvent("flyaway")	v.sg:GoToState("flyaway")	v.PushEvent("ShouldFlyAway")	print("IIIIM LIKE A BIIIIRD")end

^I've tried all of the above codes, but nothing seems to get them to fly away.

In the birds stategraph, there is a "flyaway" state, so I know it exists.

And I always get the "IIIIM LIKE A BIIIIRD" to show up in the console depending on if there is a robin on screen or not, so I know I'm targeting them correctly.

I just don't know why they aren't flying.  They'll often raise their wings for a fraction of a second when the function is called, as if they're about to take off, but then they never do.

if v.prefab == "robin" then    v.sg:GoToState("flyaway")    print("IIIIM LIKE A BIIIIRD")end
Should be enough to make the bird fly away.

Exactly; but it doesn't. All the other bits of code up there are other things I've tried by themselves, but also didn't work.

It is probably coming from the fact that the bird is playing an "attacked" animation or something similar. It blocks then the execution of the command GoToState("flyaway").

You can fixing it by using something like

TheWorld:DoTaskInTime(0.5, function() target.sg:GoToState("flyaway") end)

Edited by ZupaleX