Let´s talk about the EnableMovementPrediction

That's correct in theory, although in practice there can still be small lags due to too much going on in the server for it to be able to complete simulation ticks in time, and any time these small lags occur you'll get some desynchronization with movement prediction.

If im not mistaken turning prediction off will let you push things around, like chester or beefalos. Unless this has been fixed in an earlier patch.

It´s hard to find good PVP servers that have a good ping and have people in it.

Also, psycho? OK then....

Well, in that case, I guess everyone who wants to do some proper PvP will need to wait. Also, I think it would be more interresting if you could have "Tribes" (teams) of players versing each other if PvP is worked on, otherwise, from previous experiences, you can't really set up a proper base anywhere.

It's kind of a joke, TheKingofSquirrels. In this game, I just tend to be kind of like >:[ towards people who attack another player for the sake of loot or simply killing; it's just that this game not pnly wasn't meat to be fot PvP, but at the current state, doesn't work properly as PvP

Sodenote: do you think if there were 64 players on a server, all with good ping, all scattered in the world, in a co-op mode (PvE), all were professionals at the game, would there still be players dying left and right? Even if they set up multiple bases? Or would they make a decent "civilisation".

If you host a server on the same PC that your playing on, does that mean you have zero ping, and therefore Enablemovementprediction wouldn't do anything?

Yes and no. If your dedicated is running fine, there won't be much of a change.

If your dedicated is having desync problems (like mine is right now), your ping has nothing to do with the rubberbanding caused by Movement Prediction. Basically, your client proceeds as normal, but the server is a smaaaaaall amount slower for whatever reason. Say every second your client gets 15ms ahead of the server.

After 10 minutes, there's a 150ms delay. After a half-hour, there's a 450ms delay. For whatever reason, my dedicated lost like 100 ms every second, so after 10 seconds logged in, the game became downright unplayable with Movement Prediction enabled. I would get rubberbanded 15 or 20s back after a while.

By disabling Movement Prediction, your client stays perfectly synchronized with the server, minus your ping.

Now, I'm not sure why my server is desync'ing. CPU load with both the client and server up doesn't surpass 50% (8 core @ 4.2 GHz), and RAM is only at 30% of my max (only 8 GB DDR3 @ 2210 MHz because I never cap it anyway). No FPS lag or anything, not that it'd be GPU related anyway. This all started when I set up a speed multiplier to explore and record the map. As I explored each land branch, the client got more and more desync'ed, until it was around 15s out of sync.

Now the desync is horrid, and playing with Movement Prediction enabled isn't even remotely an option.

TL:DR: Yes, disabling Movement Prediction can be useful even if the client is the same machine as the dedicated server.

Archived