Holocircuit Overloaders: So long, stealth! (Bug?)

I have an agent with Holocircuit Overloaders and Cloaking Rig III. When he cloaks, the alarm level advances and multiple guards (even those well outside of KO rage) immediately enter hunting mode. It's as if Holocircuit Overloaders causes cloaking to create a noise so loud and far-reaching that I might as well have set off a bomb.

Is that really supposed to happen? I didn't see anything like "makes an Earth-shattering kaboom that pisses off every guard on the level and basically defeats the purpose of cloaking" in the Holocircuit Overloaders description. If I had known it would do that, I would never have wasted an augment slot on it.

savegame.lua

Ah yes, Holocircuit Overloaders! I remember that. Rather interesting augment on paper. But the fact that it seems to apparently be a freaking bomb exploding when it comes to sound, it triggers pretty much A LOT of things. I got a nasty surprise when using it in a Sankaku High level facility.

I never knew the alarm level could jump so much in one turn due to one mistake.

Yeah, that's why I never, ever use Holocurcuit overloaders. I've learned my lesson. I hope there will be a fix for it, cause Imo is it one of the worst augments. It doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but when you need to use that cloaking, you will regret ever installing it.

Is Holocircuit overloaders the augment that causes guards to KO when cloaking? If that is the case, I used it once and didn't have a problem with it.

The thing is, I used a cloaking rig III with all my agents in range. The one that used the cloak didn't have the augment and there was one guard on the other side of the wall within KO range. He got KO'd and the alarm didn't raise or caused other problems.

Maybe it bugs only when the user of the cloak is the one with the augment?

Archived