[Gameplay] - All nearby guards alerted when I move from one cover to another

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Platform: Linux

Issue Title: All nearby guards alerted when I move directly from one covered square to another.

Issue Description: In my current game, moving Dr. Xu corner-to-corner from one covered square to the next covered square alerts all the guards. This happens despite the facts that only one guard is looking in his direction and the cover object clearly hides Xu from that guard. He's not sprinting, so they can't hear him. I don't see any reason why all the guards suddenly go into "hunting" mode when Xu moves.

I'll attach a save file.

Steps to Reproduce:

• Resume my game.
  • Move Xu into the covered square to the left.
  • Watch all the guards somehow detect him and go from "patrolling" straight into "hunting" mode.

post-669224-0-52362500-1437023545_thumb.

savegame.lua

• Developer

I've got bad news and good news on this. The bad news is, when I load your game, I'm not able to replicate the error. I'm able to move Zu around in cover fine and no guards are disturbed. 

The good news is that whatever the bug was, it seems to already be fixed in the new update.

Do the guards go into overwatch or just hunting? If they just go into hunting mode is it not because of Xu, but because of the countermeasures daemon installed.

Hunting, not overwatch. If it was triggered by countermeasures, I would have expected it to happen between turns, not in the middle of Xu's turn when moved from one hidden square to another, and to one guard, not a bunch of them all at once.

I've got bad news and good news on this. The bad news is, when I load your game, I'm not able to replicate the error. I'm able to move Zu around in cover fine and no guards are disturbed. 

The good news is that whatever the bug was, it seems to already be fixed in the new update.

Haha... Thanks, Jason. I look forward to the new update.

Archived