Public server option - restrict winter joining

Contrary to popular belief the subforum directory is not mythical legend foretold in the ancient scrolls and does actually in fact exist.
sometimes I feel like checking that subforum is a waste of everybody's time and a place for those people with "You should add pets" idea to be without annoying everyone. There are hardly ever any good, fitting, or even meaningful suggestions there and most of the time, when some particularly interesting idea is being thought over by the community, instead of all discussion on this suggestion being based in that subforum, it's usually posted on the general discussion part just so it can be more accessible(and so it can be set apart from the stuff that is normally in the suggestion subforums).

I don't know, sometimes I'm not even sure if the mods or the devs even peek there once in a while.

sometimes I feel like checking that subforum is a waste of everybody's time and a place for those people with "You should add pets" idea to be without annoying everyone. There are hardly ever any good, fitting, or even meaningful suggestions there and most of the time, when some particularly interesting idea is being thought over by the community, instead of all discussion on this suggestion being based in that subforum, it's usually posted on the general discussion part just so it can be more accessible(and so it can be set apart from the stuff that is normally in the suggestion subforums).

I too am guilty of this :T

Sometimes, when I post a "General Discussion" topic, I sometimes get ideas about them and often end up becoming suggestions... ditto on my Tales of Life and Death at times... O__O

It actually is as simple as having spider glands on you, which actually is as easy as finding a spider nest.  Spiders are literally the easiest mob to kill and it can be done bare-handed from the moment you spawn into the game.

As I said, if you've played DST for a while, you will most likely have glands on you.  It isn't hard.  At all.  Let's stop pretending that it is, hmm?

Then again, I admin my own servers most of the time, so I tend to have a lot of control over exactly who stays and who goes.  No, I don't kick them if they're newbs and die a lot.  But I certainly will kick them if I feel they're doing it on purpose.

Sanity and health drain, it's part of the game and there are tons of ways to get both back, the easiest of which is simply making a tent.  If ghosts start to pile up, I try to curb the reason those deaths keep occurring instead of just telling Klei not to let anyone join my server that I can already kick people off of at will.

/shrug

I've played DST for over 250 hours. Probably longer than most people here.

Rezzing one person is not an issue. Like you say, spider glands aren't difficult to come by, and most people can deal with the one-time hit to health and sanity when crafting telltale heart.

What you need to understand however is that on most public servers, people die left and right. Some of them die repeatedly, either on purpose or because they're new. In those scenarios, there's no way to stay on top of all those deaths and rez all of them. You simply have to deal with the constant sanity drain of having one or more ghosts.

Yeah, experienced players can deal with it. This doesn't mean it is well-designed or balanced. The choices shouldn't be "babysit and continuously resurrect other players" vs. "deal with the sanity drain and the possibility of getting griefed."

Archived