High sanity loss around skeletons/ghosts/hounds?

So I feel kind of stupid for not knowing how to do something that (I'd assume) is rather simple, but... I need help. I'm making a Steve Rogers custom character, and I want him to be brave. In other words, not as afraid of evil flowers, tentacles, etc. as other characters are. But, at the same time, I want to make it so he loses MUCH more sanity around ghosts and hounds, and possibly skeletons, if that's possible. I've poked around the forums for help on this, but I didn't find much.

Could someone help? I'm quite new to modding, only having made one mod before, so I don't have too much of a clue as to what I'm doing.

Try this:

AddPrefabPostInit("skeleton", function(inst) --PREFAB name here, e.g. "hound" or "flower_evil"

if inst.components.sanityaura then --assure this thing has an aura

inst.components.sanityaura.aura = inst.components.sanityaura * 2 --this duplicates the drain, you can use TUNING values as found in the tuning.lua

end

end

Try this:

AddPrefabPostInit("skeleton", function(inst) --PREFAB name here, e.g. "hound" or "flower_evil"

inst.components.sanityaura.aura = inst.components.sanityaura * 2 --this duplicates the drain, you can use TUNING values as found in the tuning.lua

end

end

Alright, thank you. And this goes where? steve.lua, I assume?

Thank you! It's not crashing, so that's a good sign. Slight problem, however; skeletons don't seem to be giving off a negative aura after putting in the code.

You're right, because there's no negative aura to double. Replace the "inst.components.sanityaura * 2" with "TUNING.SOMEVALUE", you can find those values in tuning.lua

You're right, because there's no negative aura to double. Replace the "inst.components.sanityaura * 2" with "TUNING.SOMEVALUE", you can find those values in tuning.lua

Nothing I try seems to work. Maybe it's because I'm tired, but whenever I play around with it to try and fix it, it either simply doesn't work, or I get an error saying something like "unexpected symbol around '='." Here's what I have right now.

AddPrefabPostInit("skeleton", function(inst)    if inst.components.sanityaura then        inst.components.sanityaura.aura = TUNING.SANITY_MED    endend

I really am sorry for taking up your time for something so simple.

Nothing I try seems to work. Maybe it's because I'm tired, but whenever I play around with it to try and fix it, it either simply doesn't work, or I get an error saying something like "unexpected symbol around '='." Here's what I have right now.

AddPrefabPostInit("skeleton", function(inst)    if inst.components.sanityaura then        inst.components.sanityaura.aura = TUNING.SANITY_MED    endend

I really am sorry for taking up your time for something so simple.

My bad, you have to obviously make the sanity aura when there isn't one. It's not your brain that's not working :p

Try this:

AddPrefabPostInit("skeleton", function(inst)

if inst.components.sanityaura then

inst.components.sanityaura.aura = -TUNING.SANITY_MED

else

inst:AddComponent("sanityaura")

end

end

@Whitefang45 Technically, yes, you can do the same for them, but it's kinda messy to rewrite the same code.

local function changeSanityAura(inst)    if inst.components.sanityaura then        inst.components.sanityaura.aura = inst.components.sanityaura.aura*2    else        inst:AddComponent("sanityaura")        inst.components.sanityaura.aura = -TUNING.SANITY_MED    endendAddPrefabPostInit("skeleton", changeSanityAura)-- AddPrefabPostInit("hound", changeSanityAura)-- etc...

For more info, read about how post init functions work.

Try this:

end

end

It's not Working for me, is suppose to put in modmain.lua isn't it?

is supposed to put something before or after this code? it's not working for me.

It's not Working for me, is suppose to put in modmain.lua isn't it?

is supposed to put something before or after this code? it's not working for me.

Yes modmain.lua

BUT that code only amplifies sanityaura, this code adds a negative aura if it needs to.

local TUNING = GLOBAL.TUNING

local function changeSanityAura(inst)
    if inst.components.sanityaura then
        inst.components.sanityaura.aura = inst.components.sanityaura.aura*2
    else
        inst:AddComponent("sanityaura")
    end
end

AddPrefabPostInit("prefabname", changeSanityAura)

as described by BlueBerrys.

Archived