Game isn't building animations when launched?

I have an exported folder inside of my mod folder. Inside of this folder is another folder called "shinai" which contains two png. Then inside of the exported folder there are two scml files for a ground image and a hand image. Named shinai.scml and swap_shinai.scml however when I launch the game these animations are not built an put in the anim folder. Everything I've read says that this should happen when I launch the game however.

I've attached the folder in question, what I am doing wrong that is causing the game not to build the animations?

exported.zip

Well it's not crashing now however the animation that wouldn't build before remains an issue. It seems that the animation for being in the characters hand doesn't show up at all.

I was using this as an example and everything seems to be exactly the same (but that works and mine doesn't).

I've attached everything that I've done, this is probably something really stupid that I'm overlooking but I can't seem to get it to work.

shinai.zip

@Renarii

ERROR: Missing image 'swap_shinai/swap_shinai.png' referenced by 'swap_shinai.scml'.

I made a new folder, swap_shinai, and copied swap_shinai.png to it, and it built. It looks like you referenced the image in both locations while making your scml, as I had to have it in both, and it looks like it has two misaligned copies of the image. Try remaking the scml for it just referencing one of them.

I noticed that after I uploaded that and it didn't seem to fix the issue. I attempted to separate it into two files and and it still wasn't showing. I ended up fixing it by reverting it to a single file and using the code from the Equipable Hand Slot mod. 

QYeMBhI.jpg

This works however it seems it's impossible to pickup the item off of the ground now, still trying to figure that out.

Edited by Renarii

The pickup problem appears to be related to rotating the sprite it looks like you can't use rotation or the item becomes uninteractable. I'll have to make two animations if I want the graphic rotated different directions.

Well I've officially gone in a huge circle only to end up exactly where I started. This is what I currently have and the item will not show in the persons hand.

If I switch this to using a single scml file the item will then render on the ground and in the players hand but then the item is unable to be picked up off of the ground.

shinai.zip

Edited by Renarii

@Renarii, use this tutorial http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/1127-dst-equipable-hand-slot/, do not copy/paste or rename anything. Follow these steps:

1. Create a folder with your prefab name.
  2. Create 2 inner folders, one called your prefab name and the other called swap_ your prefab name.
  3. Copy and paste your prefab image into both these folders.
  4. Create a new Spriter Project, linking to the original folder you created. Note: Do not select any inner folders.
  5. In Spriter rename the animation Entity to your prefab name.
  6. Rename the animation to idle.
  7. Set the default pivot position on the image in your prefab folder.
  8. Select the idle animation under your prefab name.
  9. Drag and drop the image from your prefab folder into the work area.
  10. Create a new animation Entity named swap_ your prefab name.
  11. Rename the animation to idle.
  12. Set the default pivot position in your swap_ your prefab name folder.
  13. Select the idle animation under swap_ your prefab name.
  14. Drag and drop the image from swap_ your prefab folder into the work area.
  15. Save Spriter project as your prefab name.
  16. Run the autocompiler software.

If you're having issues contact me on Steam and I will walk you through it step by step so you understand what your doing wrong.

~Ysovuka