How do I disable overheating?

Besides the smoldering thing summer really isn't that bad. And all you have to do to combat that is make a fling-o-matic. Other than that, make a summer frest, use a thermal stone, wear a straw hat, use an umbrella, and don't forget you can make endothermic fires/fire pits. Eat ice and meloncicles and you're golden. It's just reverse summer. Plus the fling-o freezes birds and hounds and any mob that wanders too close to smoldering stuff, so that's awesome. You can't really complain about a game in early access changing anyways. It's early access. You know what you signed up for.

I surived 6 days... until summer hit and water started boiling, trees started cumbusting on themselves, and I died from overheating. Once I respawned I continued to die due to heat exposure, because by the time I was able to react I was dead again from exposure. First time playing this game and already I'm not even sure how to surive the summers on Venus. I'll take my southern summers with misquitos as big as your head over the 9 circles of hell that I stumbled into.

Archived