[Gameplay] - Breezy Vest doesn't provide Wetness protection

piratekingflcl

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay
Issue Title: Breezy Vest doesn't provide Wetness protection

Issue Description: In Don't Starve Together the Breezy Vest has lost its 20% rain resistance that it enjoyed in the single player Reign of Giants Expansion.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Start a new server in Don't Starve Together Reign of Giants
2. Give your character the Breezy Vest
3. Use console to make it rain
4. Wait until soaking occurs

Result: Breezy Vest can be soaked with enough rain and provides no discernible wetness protection

Expected: Breezy Vest provides 20% rain resistance and is immune to soaking

post-448383-0-41939200-1433012003_thumb.

You do realize that it is being soaked in the picture right? If an item has wetness protection (Football Helmet, Battle Helmet, Straw Hat) it cannot be soaked.

It can, actually. The only things that dont get soaked from what I've seen is things inside backpacks and umbrellas/eyebrellas.

No, you are mistaken. Items that provide wetness resistance do not ever become soaked.

You can test this for yourself: go into a game and give your character a Straw Hat, Football Helmet, Cat Cap, Rain Coat, Umbrella, Beefalo Hat, & Puffy Vest. Then turn on the rain and see which items become soaked.

Shall I show you in gif form as well?

This is from the single player Reign of Giants

oZM6imt.gif

your puffy vest is wet and so is your hybernation vest. From what I've played, things will get wet if you do nothing about your wetness level, regardless of their resistance, as i've had soaked football helmets before.

Those items don't provide wetness resistance! That's the entire point of the gif!

Please stop posting in my topic. This isn't a discussion forum, it's a bug report forum. I reported a bug, I didn't start a topic to have people say wrong things at me. You are clearly uninformed and contribute nothing to this topic.

I do contribute to the topic, you're just too stubborn to listen. Items will eventually get wet if in your inventory, except for rain clothing/umbrella from what I can see. If both the puffy and breezy vest get wet, since they are related items, I do not believe this is a bug.

Bob, you said that the puffy vest has a waterproof component.

notice how small the arrow is compared to how big it is without having it on. 20% is not 100%.

Now you say that objects with waterproof components do not get wet.

Items will eventually get wet if in your inventory, except for rain clothing/umbrella from what I can see.

The facts are:

-- Puffy vest and breezy vest have no waterproof component

-- Therefore, these items can get wet

Only inventoryitems with no waterproof component get a special moisture addon.

If you remember the football helmet wet, then your memory is wrong.

Game is working as intended.

Now the question is, the no waterproofness on these clothes is intentional or not?

I don't recall any body clothing providing wetness resistance, except for the rain coat.

Except the Breezy Vest doesn't get wet because it's resistant to rain. The Puffy Vest does get wet because it's not resistant to rain.

Here's a handy table to show you all of the items that are rain resistant: http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Wetness#Survival

You were wrong. You continue to be wrong. You refuse to do your own testing despite these facts. That is the very definition of not contributing.

I have done testing. Things in your inventory will get wet quite often. I have played the game for over a year, and have had RoG almost for the entire time it's been released, and as we all know, games get updates, so I'm only regurgitating information I know from earlier.

So what you're saying is: after you came unwarranted into my topic and debased it by repeatedly claiming incorrect things, you have since gone into a game of Don't Starve or Don't Starve Together and tested how Wetness affects rain resistant clothing and it supported your argument?

That is a lie.

I know you haven't done that.

How do I know?

Because I actually have tested this. And I did so before I made this topic. And also again after you made me think I had made a mistake.

Because unlike you, I wanted to be sure before I started spouting nonsense on forum specifically for finding and correcting bugs.

Kindly leave this topic. You have worn my patience thin with your repeated and willful ignorance, and I won't suffer you any more.

Archived