[Request] Omg, for **** sake, please, somebody, make a tutorial!

I tried to use the guide in don't starve wiki on how to make a dedicated server. From what I understood is that for windows you need to open cmd and then enter the following:

login anonymousforce_install_dir C:\path\to\directoryapp_update 343050 validate

I tried to, but it didn't do anything! These instructions are so bad, they are not even instructions, but pieces of instructions scattered where it's hoping that you would understand what it is trying to imply.

Please, somebody make a tutorial, because this **** wiki makes no sense to me at all!

It might be a stupid question, but... You entered those commands in SteamCMD, right?

EDIT: You know you can run it through normal Steam GUI? The dedicated server is under Library > Tools and all the settings can be changed in Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/Settings.ini file.

In general and especially on these forums, you are more likely to receive help by asking politely. Please be constructive in your posts and refrain from inflammatory and abrasive language. 

Thanks. 

In general and especially on these forums, you are more likely to receive help by asking politely. Please be constructive in your posts and refrain from inflammatory and abrasive language. 

Thanks. 

Well, tried that before for the exact same thing and... nothing :/

But I got help from a guy on my steam friends list and I was able to set up my server. I might try and make a video tutorial in English on how to set it up on Windows once I get a new computer.

It might be a stupid question, but... You entered those commands in SteamCMD, right?

EDIT: You know you can run it through normal Steam GUI? The dedicated server is under Library > Tools and all the settings can be changed in Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/Settings.ini file.

Before I assumed that cmd and steamcmd are the same thing, so... >_>

Archived