[Tip] Spring to avoid camera detection

So I recently found out that Cameras can't detect your agents while they are sprinting : http://i.imgur.com/usNovJB.jpg

I don't know if this is intended because I didn't found anything in the game that hint it but it's pretty neat when you reach Alarm level 1 and a camera is blocking your way back.

EDIT : the title should be [Tip] Sprint to... not [Tip] Spring to... can't figure how to edit it  :frown:

EDIT 2 : Ok it seems just that Cameras are super buggy and sometimes the watched zone has only 1 range

How is it related? The camera isn't hacked and wasn't recaptured. Or do you think it is a side effect of the other bug? The camera definitly caught me if I stop (I've stopped in front of the door) or walk normally in the vision.

I have retried it and this time the camera reacted (with the +1 alarm). So looks like it's a bug but so far it only happened when I'm sprinting, walking has always trigger the alarm.

I was able to sprint through a room fully covered by a camera, tactical view mode showed it covering those squares. I ran through maybe 8 covered squares, opened a door, went through, closed door. Camera didn't trigger. (This was with sprinting.)

I was able to sprint through a room fully covered by a camera, tactical view mode showed it covering those squares. I ran through maybe 8 covered squares, opened a door, went through, closed door. Camera didn't trigger. (This was with sprinting.)

Interesting, did you try to walk back in the room to see if the camera detected you? The camera bug should have been corrected in the last update so if it still happens it may be intended. I will try to run extra test.

Archived