Adjustment of difficulties

This is going to be a dumb question and I apologise but I really need clarification.

What happens if I select Experienced and adjust the number of rewinds - does that make my game difficulty a custom one or?

Actually, changing the number of rewinds does not make it to custom. Have tried this many times and it works fine. Changing anything else, including level retries, changes it to custom.

Thank you, the both of you :) but yeah this is what I was wondering.

Does this mean that I can play on Expert with 99 rewinds and it would still count as Expert?

Because that seems a tad...lenient. :|

I can confirm this.  Playing on Expert anywhere from 0 to 99 rewinds will keep the game on Expert.  You know the difficulty changes when you literally see the indicator change to "Custom Game", and you see the message "Your rules, your way", or w/e it tells you lol.  I'm pretty sure though if you change ANYTHING else, it changes it to custom.

With that said, GOOD LUCK if you ever go for Expert Ironman...I beat it by the HAIR ON MY LAST AGENT'S HEAD lol!!  It was a PAIN, and took me probably 4 or 5 tries till I beat the campaign.

I can confirm this.  Playing on Expert anywhere from 0 to 99 rewinds will keep the game on Expert.  You know the difficulty changes when you literally see the indicator change to "Custom Game", and you see the message "Your rules, your way", or w/e it tells you lol.  I'm pretty sure though if you change ANYTHING else, it changes it to custom.

With that said, GOOD LUCK if you ever go for Expert Ironman...I beat it by the HAIR ON MY LAST AGENT'S HEAD lol!!  It was a PAIN, and took me probably 4 or 5 tries till I beat the campaign.

Will I want to kill myself?

Will I want to kill myself?

No need to, the game will probably do it for you LOL.  All joking aside, I dunno how I did the last mission.  I had every one of my agents dead except for one, and I lured like 12 enemies into one area and got off a lucky shock trap, and used the last 300 credits or so I had for med gel haha. I literally got to the exit point with the story-crucial agent with like 3 guards a few steps away lol.  Never playing expert ironman again on the campaign!

Actually, changing the number of rewinds does not make it to custom. Have tried this many times and it works fine. Changing anything else, including level retries, changes it to custom.

That is very useful to know, many thanks.

Archived