[Gameplay] - Time Attack Timer keeps going even if the game is paused.

I think this is by design actually, though they maybe should include a tooltip like they do in DST.

So even if I have to make a run to the bathroom I have to race against the clock? There's no reason for it to be this way...

So even if I have to make a run to the bathroom I have to race against the clock? There's no reason for it to be this way...

It's more like if it didn't tick down on the pause menu it would defeat the purpose.

It's more like if it didn't tick down on the pause menu it would defeat the purpose.

But I'm not playing...why should the timer keep going? I guess because you could pause and think about your turns..ok yeah, didn't think about that one...makes sense.

I think the reason for not pausing the timer during ESC menu is that it doesn't hide map screen fully, which means you can abuse it for seeing map without using your timer.

Maybe making the screen completely black while ESC menu pops up will solve this issue?

I came here to report the same bug.

If the clock is still ticking, then message that says "Paused" is a lie, and the pause functionality is broken.

If there's a concern about pause abuse the map screen, the solution is not to lie to the user or cheat them by letting the clock run down while they're in the bathroom. One appropriate solution would be to black out the map while paused. (Other time-sensive games, like Crypt of the Necrodancer do exactly that.)

Archived