[Gameplay] - Soft Locked the Tutorial

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay
Platform: PC
Issue Title: Soft Locked the Tutorial
Issue Description: The combination of:

1. The game not letting you get spotted or even walk into any part of the enemy's vision in the tutorial
2. Being trapped behind cover completely surrounded by a guard's vision cone

...means you can't progress further into the game and essentially soft lock the game.

Steps to Reproduce: 1. Get the armored guard's attention by running on a tile near him (i.e. tile A in screenshot) then get back behind the door you came through and stand on the right side of the door and close it. End turn.

2. Open the door which will alert the guard because he's facing the door. Get behind any available cover. End turn.

3. Come to the realization that you can't go any farther because you can't distract this guard by moving into his peripheral vision temporarily.

Screenshot:

post-240747-0-86967400-1431110001_thumb.

Aaah, I've solved it after many attempts to get around this scenario! If you run to or from the tile Decker is currently standing on in the screenshot, the guard will move to that tile to investigate so you can run around the corner of the room and then through the door.

While it still may be possible to get screwed in a similar way to how I described, Klei, you can ignore this bug submission... for now.

Archived