When is Woodie & Maxwell going to be in DST?

Woodie is understandably going to take awhile to balance and fix for the game (I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out on June 3rd or whenever 'Through the Ages' comes out)

As for Maxwell (And Wes for that matter), I assume Klei is planning some more story/puzzle stuff before his release. I remember one of them saying that they like to line up puzzle/story stuff with release dates of other things, so I assume we might have some answers as to when Max is getting added around June 3rd as well.

Otherwise, no official date. Just look forward to June 3rd I guess!

just like Ogrecakes says, we only can wait, or not?, the Woodie mod and the Wes & Maxwell mods works fine, its not oficial yet and maybe with some little glitches but it helps with the wait

The mods work fine if you want to play as the characters.

I can understand Maxwells case, since it would be rather confusing for him o be there since there is no adventure mode. Also, they might be balancing him out somewhat. I'm personally going to switch to him when I get the chance to counter balance the trolls who get themselves purposely killed just so they can sanity drain everyone.

While Wes was unlocked in adventure mode, he pretty much has no reason not to be included into the current game now, since he is neither Wilson or Maxwell, pretty much the only 2 characters who have any story going for them. Unless, of course, they are planning story updates for everyone, which is something I think is severely lacking for a game like this.

Woodie needs time to be implemented with his were beaver mode. 

The mods work fine if you want to play as the characters.

I can understand Maxwells case, since it would be rather confusing for him o be there since there is no adventure mode. Also, they might be balancing him out somewhat. I'm personally going to switch to him when I get the chance to counter balance the trolls who get themselves purposely killed just so they can sanity drain everyone.

While Wes was unlocked in adventure mode, he pretty much has no reason not to be included into the current game now, since he is neither Wilson or Maxwell, pretty much the only 2 characters who have any story going for them. Unless, of course, they are planning story updates for everyone, which is something I think is severely lacking for a game like this.

Woodie needs time to be implemented with his were beaver mode. 

Also if a newer player chooses Wes, they are likely to be more of a drain on their teams resources, without giving much back.

Maxwell is just straight overpowered as **** in PvP. Starting with the best armor and best weapon at day 1, and not suffering from the ghost sanity punishment? That ain't okay. The Codex Umbra also makes it nearly impossible to kite him.

Also if a newer player chooses Wes, they are likely to be more of a drain on their teams resources, without giving much back.

Maxwell is just straight overpowered as **** in PvP. Starting with the best armor and best weapon at day 1, and not suffering from the ghost sanity punishment? That ain't okay. The Codex Umbra also makes it nearly impossible to kite him.

To be fair though, I do not think he should be balanced for PVP, Unless all characters will have a separate slot balance for pvp.

I don't want his abilities to be compromised when this game is really about working together, not against. I'm okay with the idea of pvp, it's just that for starters, it's not very fun in this game, and secondly, don't starve is one of the few games where pvp isn't the main focus, which is refreshing to say the least.

If all characters had a separate template which was only activated for servers with pvp on, then sure, I am okay with that. As it stands though, i'm not going to be thrilled if he's officially released into the main game with nerfs because he is op for pvp.

Archived