Mod tools crash on linux

the don't starve mod tools available in the "Tools" section of the steam library crashes whenever I try to select a directory to upload.

It does not crash when I select a preview image, change the description or title, select tags, or choose between DS or DST workshop.

system info from screenfetch:

adsmz@oniichanOS: Manjaro 0.8.12 AscellaKernel: x86_64 Linux 3.16.7.9-1-MANJAROUptime: 1d 4h 40mPackages: 1260Shell: bash 4.3.33Resolution: 1366x768DE: XFCE4WM: Xfwm4WM Theme: RedmondGTK Theme: Redmond [GTK2], Not Found [GTK3]Icon Theme: Classic95Font: Droid Sans 10CPU: Intel Core i5 CPU M 480 @ 2.667GHzGPU: AMD/ATI Park [Mobility Radeon HD 5430/5450/5470]RAM: 2129MB / 3813MB

@PeterA after much hardship i finally found the mod tools for mac on github but now it seems to be a problem building it. i keep getting an error stating unsupported os... is it because im on the latest version of mac osx? or did i install premake4 wrong? any help is welcome

@PeterA, thank you for the speedy response! I was of course using the documented instructions given on the github. I figure most of it out but I currently still have to use my mac in conjunction with my laptop PC in order to work with a mod that I am creating, which is tiresomely inconvenient. One issue was that if a premake4 instance is not in the 'usr/local/bin' then premake will not be globally available in the terminal so it would constantly need to be locally declared. Second, the directory in the terminal MUST be change to point where the 'premake4.lua' is. This was the instructions that I ran to this point.

$ cd ~/some_dir/Mod_tools_Source/

$ src/premake4.sh --os= macosx

I noticed that I kept getting an error Line 130 of the premake4.lua file so I decided so check it out. And I found 3 instances where the Options_os variable differed from the given options. (Using var ‘osx’ and ‘macosx’ interchangeably) after correcting the code it seemed to have run premake4 fine and created files in the builds/osx folder so i ran the next command.

$ make

but the python folder is empty and the none tools run. Are they command line based or guy based? is something else needed?

• Developer
Are they command line based or guy based?

The tools are mostly command line. You'll probably want to take a look at "README.md" in the ds_mod_tools folder for the dependencies you'll need.

Runtime dependencies============...For Mac and Linux, a system wide installation of Python 2.7 is assumed, as well as the Python Imaging Library (PIL) or its backwards-compatible fork (Pillow). A system wide installation of the TEX converter ktech is also assumed.

Hope this helps!

I have plans further down the line to clean this up, but at the moment it requires a bit of work to get it setup.