Client Crash

@Mario384, so the mod just suddenly stopped working?

I remember we got it working, maybe something skin related changed?

Post the master postinit of the deerclops char.

The mod does work, but the thing is, I never tested it from a client, as I was always the host.  It DOES work for the host, but the other clients don't see the character.  Along with that, if a client plays as any mob, they will crash upon activating ghost mode.  I only assume this has to do with Networking.

@Mario384, I played the deerclops and died and experienced no crash.

The issue is, you can't see the monsters if you have movement prediction enabled.

Because clients with movement prediction use a different stategraph, because then the client uses SGwilson_client and SGwilsonghost_client and gives no ****­s about the bank and build and stategraph changes of the character. This is probably the cause of the crashes too, with people with the ghost client stategraph.

Make a function in your mod to disable movement prediction for the player or put a warning.

Put that line in places like the common_postinit of the characters, or inside setChar.

ThePlayer:EnableMovementPrediction(false)

The issue is, you can't see the monsters if you have movement prediction enabled.

Because clients with movement prediction use a different stategraph, because then the client uses SGwilson_client and SGwilsonghost_client and gives no ****­s about the bank and build and stategraph changes of the character. This is probably the cause of the crashes too, with people with the ghost client stategraph.

Make a function in your mod to disable movement prediction for the player or put a warning.

Put that line in places like the common_postinit of the characters, or inside setChar.

Thanks for your help.  Not sure if this will work, but I'll have to see if people mention this bug after I update the mod tonight with this in it. 

Actually, it now tells me ThePlayer is a nil value.  Should something else be there?

Edited by Mario384

@Mario384, where are you putting it?

I was wrong, you shouldn't put it inside setChar, we need it to run locally.

setChar gets executed on the server, ThePlayer is nil.

Put in the common_postinit of the prefabs:

inst:DoTaskInTime(0, function()   if ThePlayer then      ThePlayer:EnableMovementPrediction(false)   endend)
Edited by DarkXero