Is Don't Starve a "Time waster"?

He knows that. We all know that. But DS was never about PvP. If it was, it would've been Sugar rush (which is a Klei game that never got released for reasons).

I know that you and he knew that.

You're wrong though.  DST is about PvP (if you have the option on).  If you notice in the options there's actually an option for it.

Hint: I also know you and he know PVP was in the options.

:D  This is fun!

I know that you and he knew that.

You're wrong though.  DST is about PvP (if you have the option on).  If you notice in the options there's actually an option for it.

Hint: I also know you and he know PVP was in the options.

:grin:  This is fun!

It's about PVP? Really?

Yikes.

I hope not. It's so damned dull that way. 

I mean, yay, let's see who can get bored the quickest, or who gets the most lag, or who's playing as a powerhouse character.

I thought the point of don't starve together was to starve together, not kill everyone and loot their corpses and ending up as the only person left.

It's about PVP? Really?

Yikes.

I hope not. It's so damned dull that way. 

I mean, yay, let's see who can get bored the quickest, or who gets the most lag, or who's playing as a powerhouse character.

I thought the point of don't starve together was to starve together, not kill everyone and loot their corpses and ending up as the only person left.

That is the case, but not 100%. If it was so, for one we wouldn't even have the option for PvP and for two, Wilson and Maxwell wouldn't be happy slapping each other.

:3

I don't think DST has been developed with PvP in mind as the primary goal, but that doesn't mean part of the community won't primarily play that. Similar to Minecraft, the PvP is not that developed, the combat is pretty simple, but the survival and sandbox elements combine interestingly with it to make it fun for some people.

I don't play PvP and have no plans to, but the game isn't ruined for me or anything. I find that getting people to cooperate can often be just as hard or harder than killing them. >_>

Archived