[Gameplay] - Smoldering set to None, still occurs very frequently

leonseye

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Issue Title: Smoldering set to None, still occurs very frequently

Issue Description: Set Smoldering to None in the World Edit settings before starting a server.

Summer begins, about halfway through Summer, all objects begin smoldering and catching fire just as normal.

Setting does not seem to do anything at all, not even lessen the frequency of smoldering / fires.

Steps to Reproduce: Create World w/ Smoldering set to "None".

Play through Summer.

Watch everything burn anyway.

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Issue Title: Smoldering set to None, still occurs very frequently

Issue Description: Set Smoldering to None in the World Edit settings before starting a server.

Summer begins, about halfway through Summer, all objects begin smoldering and catching fire just as normal.

Setting does not seem to do anything at all, not even lessen the frequency of smoldering / fires.

Steps to Reproduce: Create World w/ Smoldering set to "None".

Play through Summer.

Watch everything burn anyway.

It's not the smoldering, it's the withering, you know, when they die.

Well, they are still doing that also, so Withering set to None is not working then.

Hm. That certainly is strange. I can see withering being disabled, but smoldering just happens when it gets too hot.

Hm. That certainly is strange. I can see withering being disabled, but smoldering just happens when it gets too hot.

Well, I know for a fact that things are withering in the world because I've commented jokingly about how things only seem to wither the second before I try to pick them.  : P

Would like to bump this and confirm that it is an issue. I'm fairly sure the icon isn't intended to represent withering since smoldering which is also on the icon is much more significant and somewhat more rare.

However, setting it to never did neither as my camp was almost entirely withered and had two separate fires break out from smoldering.

Please fix this.

I also have this problem, I set the withering/smoldering to None and it still does it as normal. I submit the bug however I didn't describe it well at all. At least I know that it's not just me having the issue.

Can confirm that this option still does not seem to do anything at all in the latest build as well.

It most definitely is not reducing the frequency of Smoldering OR Withering.

Is this even on a list somewhere to be looked at?

Archived