DST steam question

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Don't Starve and recently purchased on steam DST as I wanted to play with some friends, opposed to playing by myself on DS. So after I purchased DST I realized that all Don't starve players get Don't starve together for free once it is out of beta. So I was wondering is it the same for people who have purchased DST and instead they get DT for free. Sorry but just I feel like I got ripped of, as I just did it the other way. Would be good if anyone knows :)

Thanks 

Welcome to the Klei Forums, @AllHokage, !

If you have purchased DST and have DS, you will have DST on release.

Anyone who has DS on the release for DST will get it for free as well (but then again, if you can spend $5, and want in on testing DST, I don't see why you shouldn't, because it'd be like complaining over buying RoG, when that was new).

As for if you have DST after release, but do not own DS, you will keep DST, but you will not get DS. But I'd recommend DS anyways, because the game is still good because DS is still a classic.

Welcome to the Klei Forums, @AllHokage, !

If you have purchased DST and have DS, you will have DST on release.

Anyone who has DS on the release for DST will get it for free as well (but then again, if you can spend $5, and want in on testing DST, I don't see why you shouldn't, because it'd be like complaining over buying RoG, when that was new).

As for if you have DST after release, but do not own DS, you will keep DST, but you will not get DS. But I'd recommend DS anyways, because the game is still good because DS is still a classic.

Thanks for the reply :) Sadly I bought DST, so looks like ill have to spend another $20 for DST & ROG.

Thanks for the reply :-) Sadly I bought DST, so looks like ill have to spend another $20 for DST & ROG.

Both DS and RoG are pretty much always on sale during Steam sales (Summer and Winter) for 60-75% off... if you don't mind waiting.

Archived