What to do with Vanilla DST servers which got stuck in RoG DST server list?

I'm sure a lot of people got the same problem as me; you have some of your servers which you played as DST Vanilla, but then upgraded to DST RoG, after which you could not play it. My tutorial shows how you can go back to playing DST Vanilla after this, but if you haven't made a separate save file for DST Vanilla servers before you first upgraded to RoG, then you won't be able to play your Vanilla servers through Vanilla. And since they don't work with RoG, well, you have servers which are good, but you'll never play again :( I have two of those; over day 350 each :( What to do with them? Delete or is there a way I could play on them again?

I'm sure a lot of people got the same problem as me; you have some of your servers which you played as DST Vanilla, but then upgraded to DST RoG, after which you could not play it. My tutorial shows how you can go back to playing DST Vanilla after this, but if you haven't made a separate save file for DST Vanilla servers before you first upgraded to RoG, then you won't be able to play your Vanilla servers through Vanilla. And since they don't work with RoG, well, you have servers which are good, but you'll never play again :( I have two of those; over day 350 each :( What to do with them? Delete or is there a way I could play on them again?

Stupid question, but does opting back out of the DST RoG Beta work?

I guess I don't understand what you're asking then.

Step 1: I've made servers in the past in DST Vanilla

Step 2: I updated my DST Vanilla to DST RoG

Step 3: My worlds were still there, but I couldn't play them

Step 4: When I went back to DST Vanilla, the servers would not show up. Only shows up for DST RoG, although the servers were DST Vanilla

Come on, people, lets get interested in this ****! I have a lot of stuff to think through with this "going back to DST Vanilla" but none seems to give a **** about it. DST RoG is all the way for you -.- and it's like DST Vanilla never existed.

It's not an oversight... This is beta, you can't possibly expect everything to stay backwards-compatible. If you get hung up on worlds that existed before, beta isn't for you.

The save format has been changed and may continue to change. They have said a vanilla-like setting will be in at some point, but it most certainly won't be compatible with "current" vanilla worlds.

It's not an oversight... This is beta, you can't possibly expect everything to stay backwards-compatible. If you get hung up on worlds that existed before, beta isn't for you.

The save format has been changed and may continue to change. They have said a vanilla-like setting will be in at some point, but it most certainly won't be compatible with "current" vanilla worlds.

I guess oversight wasn't the right word. I was just going for something that the devs were aware of.

If you post your saveindex file (after upgraded to RoG), I may be able to find a way to restore it.

Tried to send the world to you through PM, but couldn't. I just like to keep my worlds private, especially since I have a world which contains spoilers of a mod project I'm planning.

@XirmiX,I just need the saveindex file, not the actual world saves. In the RoG beta version, the saveindex should just be a small text file.

Oh, well in that case I've already sent that to Ipsquiggle, however he needed it for fixing a bug instead. Still, I'm a little cautious about even giving the saveindex out to public.

Archived