[Need Help] Item not working if not host

Hello there!

My character is able to craft an item that is supposed to give a flat speed boost and an attack speed mulitiplier boost when used.

It works perfectly if this is the server host that plays the character, but it doesn't work anymore if somebody else plays the character. The speed boost will not be given. I've been trying to fix it but I don't understand what's wrong with my item. If you are willing to help me, here is the prefab of the item:

local assets ={	Asset("ANIM", "anim/adrenaline_shot.zip"),    Asset( "IMAGE", "images/inventoryimages/adrenaline_shot.tex" ),    Asset( "ATLAS", "images/inventoryimages/adrenaline_shot.xml" ),}local function fn()	local inst = CreateEntity()	inst.entity:AddTransform()	inst.entity:AddAnimState()    inst.entity:AddNetwork()    MakeInventoryPhysics(inst)    inst.AnimState:SetBank("spider_gland_salve")    inst.AnimState:SetBuild("adrenaline_shot")    inst.AnimState:PlayAnimation("idle")    if not TheWorld.ismastersim then        return inst    end    inst.entity:SetPristine()    inst:AddComponent("inspectable")    inst:AddComponent("stackable")    inst.components.stackable.maxsize = TUNING.STACK_SIZE_SMALLITEM    inst:AddComponent("inventoryitem")    inst.components.inventoryitem.imagename = "adrenaline_shot"    inst.components.inventoryitem.atlasname = "images/inventoryimages/adrenaline_shot.xml"inst:AddComponent("healer")local healer = inst.components.healerhealer.Heal = function(self, target)    local locomotor = target and target.components.locomotor or nil    local combat = target and target.components.combat or nil    if locomotor then        -- adds a flat boost to speed        locomotor.bonusspeed = 5        if combat then            -- adds a multiplier to attack period            combat.min_attack_period = combat.min_attack_period*.5        end        inst:DoTaskInTime(30, function()            -- removes flat speed boost and restore attackspeed mulitiplier            locomotor.bonusspeed = 0            if combat then                combat.min_attack_period = combat.min_attack_period/.5            end            inst:Remove()        end)        inst.components.stackable:Get():Remove()        return true    else        return false    endend    MakeHauntableLaunch(inst)    return instendreturn Prefab("common/inventory/adrenaline_shot", fn, assets)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Edited by GalloViking

@GalloViking, speed has to be set on both the client and the server. If it's not set on both the server will think you're "lagging" and it won't let you move the proper speed. If you only set it on the server then the client won't get that change properly and it will think you're running slower than you should be running.

You can always make a netvar:int which will be called when you use the item on the server which automatically sets the speed on the client.

@GalloViking, speed has to be set on both the client and the server. If it's not set on both the server will think you're "lagging" and it won't let you move the proper speed. If you only set it on the server then the client won't get that change properly and it will think you're running slower than you should be running.

You can always make a netvar:int which will be called when you use the item on the server which automatically sets the speed on the client.

You're right, I thought it was a bug, but I was wrong. When a character uses this item, he begins to move weirdly, like if he was lagging. I will try your way, thank your for the answer.

To add to what DarkXero said, using SetExternalSpeedMultiplier gets it networked automatically, so you don't have to worry about setting it separately on the client and the server, you can just do it on the server.