random islands or not ?

I'm afraid I do not understand your question.

The level generates with the same branches every time, which attach to each other if you put less "branching" when generating a world.

Rarely, isles form that cannot be walked to on foot. Usually there's a wormhole linking there.

Very rarely, an entity may spawn in the abyss in the caves. There's nothing to do about that rare glitch.

And if you install some seed mods, you can save and share the generation code of that level.

@JIJOK, see:

Rarely, isles form that cannot be walked to on foot. Usually there's a wormhole linking there.

Mobbstar says it can happen, but it's rare. (I've also seen it once in a crazy DST world with everything set to lots, probably including Branching = lots.)

The glitch he was referring to was something about Caves. Probably a case of something spawning in an island with no wormholes. That was the glitch. But aboveground islands can happen, and as long as they're accessible, they're not considered glitchy. Only rare.

Archived