Hey,

I used the search option but to my suprise it didn't find anything,

Is there a way to run DST in 64 bit?

I host a server for me and my friends and im not intrested in a deticated server,

Thanks in advance.

@Takku023, Not that I know of, but that would not solve lag problems. The main advantage of 64 bit is access to more RAM addressing space. So unless you're crashing out due to running out of memory, moving to 64 bit won't help you.

I know you said you're not interested in a dedicated server, but it might actually help you with lag. You can also try using threaded rendering and physics by setting the launch options through Steam to this:

-threaded_physics -threaded_render

That will separate those things out onto separate threads, which will make better use of the multicore processor you almost certainly have.

@Takku023, Not that I know of, but that would not solve lag problems. The main advantage of 64 bit is access to more RAM addressing space. So unless you're crashing out due to running out of memory, moving to 64 bit won't help you.

I know you said you're not interested in a dedicated server, but it might actually help you with lag. You can also try using threaded rendering and physics by setting the launch options through Steam to this:

-threaded_physics -threaded_render

That will separate those things out onto separate threads, which will make better use of the multicore processor you almost certainly have.

Ey Rezecib -threaded_physics -threaded_render are used on client DST, dont you?

@Screamer21, You can use them both on the client, yes. -threaded_physics I think is only relevant if you're hosting (and works on dedicated servers too), while -threaded_render only applies if you're not a dedicated server (if your game is actually rendering an in-game view).

@Screamer21, You can use them both on the client, yes. -threaded_physics I think is only relevant if you're hosting (and works on dedicated servers too), while -threaded_render only applies if you're not a dedicated server (if your game is actually rendering an in-game view).

Im using a custom folder for my server through Steam in launch options, can i use this?

-config_dir myfolder,-threaded_physics

Hi Screamer,

you can use look like this:

-config_dir myfolder -threaded_physics

the threaded_physics not really works fine to this moment, also bizziboi said as this option is not recommended at this time, because it's possible that you have crash on your server, you must simply wait some fix for this option, but free if you want to try anyway

Hi Screamer,

you can use look like this:

-config_dir myfolder -threaded_physics

the threaded_physics not really works fine to this moment, also bizziboi said as this option is not recommended at this time, because it's possible that you have crash on your server, you must simply wait some fix for this option, but free if you want to try anyway

Thx Tonio

Archived