Hide and seek

The other night an inexperienced player joined us on our server. We were teaching him some basics of the game ("don't hit the frog!"). I love the bush hat for when the hounds come, so I made him a bush hat and taught him how to use it. Then I got on with business: winter waits for no one and there were tasks to do around camp. A few moments later he sent a message "OK, come and find me!"

I thought he was kidding at first--it's pretty easy to find a bush out of place (especially when it is in the middle of camp!), but after I found him and went off to chop some wood or whatever, he did it again. And then he told me to go hide, so I tried to hide myself in the little forest I planted for charcoal. 

Hide and seek! It was ultimately a very charming moment, to play a game together in the middle of all the life or death struggle. Thanks, stranger (Jackson-something or other)!

I love gentlemen newbies. They do adorable stuff like this.

Once I was in a forum about how a Guy was teaching another guy how to extinguish players, A scout came running up to the two of them and the scout dropped dead, The Newbie tried extinguish the corpse and then typed " :( ".

I love gentlemen newbies. They do adorable stuff like this.

Once I was in a forum about how a Guy was teaching another guy how to extinguish players, A scout came running up to the two of them and the scout dropped dead, The Newbie tried extinguish the corpse and then typed " :( ".

Extinguish? Do you mean resurrect?

Archived