Not really! Instead of PvP on, it should say PvP On/ BUT YOU HAVE TO HOLD A BUTTON TO DO PVP!. Some murder killed on a PvP On server because I had no idea I needed to push a button to attack him. If the server has PvP on, then PvP should be on not PvP on but you have to push a button. It's infuriating that PvP is not actually on, but conditionally on pushing the PvP Button. Why have a PvP button, on a PvP on server, its not intuitive in the slightest and makes no sense to me.

Why have a PvP button, on a PvP on server, its not intuitive in the slightest and makes no sense to me.

That's actually the "Force Attack" button... it's been in the game since singleplayer... it allows you to attack allies such as befriended pig men, chester... etc...

They did this to make is so that you actually intend to attack that person... say for instance you want to coop with this player, you don't want to auto target him when you're fighting spiders and so on...

Btw, you hold ctrl to do the initial attack but aafter making contact, you can switch to your default attack button because they will be treated as an enemy now...

OK... hold and hit once... then let go of hold and continue with regular attack...

hope this helps you :)

Archived