Different Server Version?

So me and my friend got don't starve together and we were playing.

the next day i try to join his server and it says that im on an older version i try to update but it says im on latest version so we both re install but the same problem happens what do i do to fix it?

@123boyisme, Well, it might be that the dedicated server is on an old version, which it will be if it's been running the whole time. Or maybe that you or it have old versions of mods (relaunching the dedicated server should update them for it, and opening the mods menu should update them for you).

@123boyisme, Well, it might be that the dedicated server is on an old version, which it will be if it's been running the whole time. Or maybe that you or it have old versions of mods (relaunching the dedicated server should update them for it, and opening the mods menu should update them for you).

Having the same problem.

New version seems to be 127906,  but I tried restarting my dedicated server and it did not update by itself.  It shows up as version 127317.

Yeah true, restart the server will not simply update the server.

We must update dedicated server manually, just like the first time we install it. If you know how to set up the dedicated server, you should know this.

1. Run SteamCMD

2. Login with anonymous

3. Choose install path using "force_install_dir <installation path>"

4. install/update using command "app_update 343050 validate"

5. wait until done, re-launch the server.

the command "validate" at the end "app_update 343050 validate" to check between client and server if there's different or corrupt file, steamCMD will re-download it also update it.

To be noted here :

1. If you using same machine as dedicated server and client (you play with it), DST installation folder will be different, depend on you set it up. In otherwords, you need to update separately between client and server.

2. Yet, the configuration setting and save game if both (server and client) using default folder, they will be at same directory "~/documents/Klei/DontStarveTogether" this also affect in port used. So it's recommended using different folder for server configuration folder.

Archived