[General] - [Client] Map data not preserved between versions (Windows/Linux)

Chesska

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Issue Title: [Client] Map data not preserved between versions (Windows/Linux)

Issue Description: My friend joined my server using the Linux version of DST. We had been both playing on Windows (I am still hosting the server on Windows 7) but his map was completely blank upon rejoining the server from the Linux client.

I'm not sure if this is a bug per se, but it seems like worth reporting.

Steps to Reproduce: Log onto a server on one OS (Windows, Mac, Linux) and explore the map, then disconnect and rejoin from a different OS and the map data you had will be lost.

@Chesska, Steam Cloud is not enabled for DST (yet, anyway). So you can move the save files manually, but this isn't really a cross-OS issue, it's just a cross-user issue (anything that changes where the save files are saved/loaded will cause this).

Edit: On Windows the saves should be in Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether, on Linux I believe they are in ~/.klei.

• Developer

I have some mods on my server so one of them could be causing the problem, but when my friend switched back to Windows after using the Linux version, he lost his map data AGAIN.

Did he lose his map data entirely, or just from the session on the Linux machine? As rezecib said, Steam Cloud is not enabled on Don't Starve Together, so your map data won't transfer across computers (or separate OS installs on a single computer).

• Developer

Thanks for the info. It's possible there are some bugs remaining with loading map data. Definitely let us know if you find that it happens again (without switching machines). We're also going to be reworking the way that works to be more on the server at some point, so whatever problem that might exist should go away at that point.

Archived