Something quick

SirKnight

(MENA WHAT ARE YOU HOW DID YOU EVEN--

I mean... Uh... Maybe?)

"I see... And all we've got is a fire, huh?" Max cleared his throat once more, supporting himself with two hands pressed against the ground behind him. "How about you yourself? Got any special skills?" He opened his eyes, examining the survivor once more.

((Its ttly jack isnt it. Then wendy shows up an is all 'uncle william, dad is being a jeeerk' idk. ;-; )))

"Skills?" Her? Having anything worth much in their situation, she scoffed at the very idea! "I don't suppose I do, unless you can count my countless hours spending time writing music?" She sat up, knowing too well that her positioning wasn't going to work. She inched a little closer to the fire and looked out past the fire and into the nearby trees. She tilted her head, seeing small movement, but ignored it for now. "I'm an entertainer, not a survivalist. Any 'skills' I have would be useless." 

(You really like Wendy, huh?)

Max chuckled. "It seems that you disvalue the power of entertainment." He allowed his gaze to rest on her, and he brought a hand to his chin thoughtfully. "So you are a musician? Are you a singer, or do you play an instrument?" How wonderful it would be to bring a different tune to mind than that blasted song he'd heard for eons on end.

((I like the whole carter family to be specific. People just forget about wendy and abigail most times.))

She gives a small shrug. "I just don't know how it could be of any use." A question about her passion? She felt a little moment of enthusiasm before she swept it away. "I.. I was both. Am both. I was back-up or lead singer for my group depending on which songs we'd play. We would also do duets if our schedules matched up. I would mostly play the piano or guitar, I didn't sing as much as our other singer." She felt herself get wrapped up in the little details of her little group. It wasn't so much a band as a pack of music enthusiasts who played in the back of a rather low end theatre. But she did like to talk about it, it made her feel a little better about the whole thing, to focus on something other than their current predicament. 

(*crawls out of grave* GYAAAHHHHHHHH

Nah, it's Jack everyone forgets about.)

Max grinned as he noticed that he'd reached a topic that interested the survivor. "Things grow boring at times. I'll be expecting you to sing a song occasionally." He chuckled mischievously as he pondered her words. "How many people were in this band of yours, if I might ask? Any siblings?"

Edited by Blewcheese

(((Aaaaaaa. But jack prlly has cool hair)))

"Be careful, I might just take you up on that offer." She smiled, this time not pushed away by her own thoughts. "Oh no, I was an only child, but the group... There was about ten of us lets see..." she held her chin and thought briefly. "We had one person on drums, so if he was sick... I didn't know him well, but we got along... mmmh.. I don't rightly remember his name.. Oh well, there was Mancy, our other guitarist, she also played bass. She and I occasionally went to have lunch." She found herself pause in thought before continuing. "Wren and Tamera were our technical producers. Lights, speakers, I'm not sure what else but they always seemed busy. Brandon was our main pianist, and we were probably the closest, we went places, played games, rehearsed together. He would always..." She stopped suddenly, and turned to the fire. She hadn't realized she had been speaking for so long.

(PLZ FORGIVE OKAY THANK YOU)

Max raised an eyebrow, watching Chris intently. "Oh, do go on. What would this... Brandon always do?" He decided that nothing bad could come of speaking with the survivor, and it was a great deal better than sitting in silence. He had never been a very big fan of music, though... And he'd wondered how music had changed after the eons he spent on the throne. A wave of cold washed over Maxwell as he scooted closer to the fire, his gaze still trained on Chris.

(( NNO ITS OK, I WILL TYPE NOA))

She cleared her throat, and continued on. "We were good friends." She felt the pain from before boil back up inside her, trying to force its way past her throat. She had to stop, and swallowed it back. "I can remember a few others, but I.. sadly don't remember them too well.. some things have been blurred since I got here, or maybe my memory is just bad." Chris forces a smile, to attempt to bring the light back in her voice, but it had already gone and left. "What about you? Do you have any siblings?"

(BEST QUESTION NA AWWW YISS)

Maxwell found that he had seemed to hit a nerve, and decided to keep that in mind. "Siblings? Why, yes." Maxwell looked back up at the sky, grinning softly. "I've a wonderful younger brother. His name is Jack. With any luck, we'll see him soon enough." He chuckled, but something was clearly troubling him, and his cheerful facade wasn't so hard to see through.

(( thought youd enjoy that, for some reason i got the feeling you liked jack??? So bizarre ))

She rose an eyebrow at 'soon enough'. "You have plans to go see him?" She turned her head to watch him, the way he looked away was off. He seemed to do that a few times before, and she took a mental note to figure out why. "Is he around somewhere?" It'd make sense, but something about his tone suggested it couldn't be a friendly visit.

(Yeah so weird amirite

Ooooh, ploooottttt)

Maxwell opened his mouth to speak, but the two heard another voice before Max could speak.

"Oh, yes, I certainly am... Around."

Max grimaced and searched for the source of the voice, but the voice seemed to come from all around them, and pinpointing one location seemed impossible. It was clear that he wasn't so thrilled to hear his brother's voice.

((( ok, we all know who this is

Octodad
)))

Well that was new! She nearly yelped in surprise, right after she looked behind her in mere habit. Nothing of course, but it was more of a learned response. She looked back at Maxwell, who was looking quite a bit more upset about the voice than her. "That's.. not creepy at all..." She shudders. "Don't tell me..." She gives Max a sideways look, one that could equally apathy or exasperated, she wasn't making it obvious either way.

(HOW DID YOU FIGURE IT OUT ERMAGERD)

"That's him..." Max sighed and frowned, looking around. He tried to stay on guard, in case Jack were to try to pull something.

"Oh, don't talk about me like I'm not here, Max... It's so very disrespectful... And after all I've sacrificed for you, one would think you'd show a bit more kindness to your dear brother..." Jack's voice came in a sneer, and sounded rather similar to Max's, though distorted, in some way... Max seemed like he was about to make a retort, then glanced at Chris and seemed to think better of it. "What do you want from us?" Max's fist clenched as he continued scanning the area.

"Why, nothing at all... I simply wanted to introduce myself to you. Is that so wrong?"

((Nobody suspects a thing.

in which chris sasses up the place
)))

Chris rolled her eyes. "Some introduction. Ooooo look at me, I'm all mysterious." She waved her hands around in a humorous fashion. "I get that, spooky voice, but exactly who are you." She found herself more annoyed with the voice, or moreover Maxwell's brother. She knew that much, but about anything else was unknown.

(It's a me. Mario.)

"Pushy, are we? So disappointing to see that both my guests have poor manners. Truly, a shame." The voice didn't seem to acknowledge her question in the slightest. "How dull it would be to play all my cards at once. Both of you would understand, I'm sure." He chuckled. "Surely neither of you can truly blame me for hiding things, can you?" Max didn't seem to react to that, but his stillness and silence was almost eerie. "I'm not sure how much I would trust that man sitting beside you, Chris..."

(Omergawdddd)

She glanced over at Max for a moment. She suddenly found herself wishing she hadn't said anything, Not that it would fix anything, but it would prevent her from doing something pointless. Trust. That's an odd thing to bring up about the man she just met, and it warranted further investigation, but certainly not now. She wasn't going to get any answers from his spooky brother, but she could coax something out of Max. Maybe. It must've been a much longer time than she had thought, and could see the morning light start to burn off in the distance. She didn't want to say anything, mostly because she didn't know what exactly to say.

(Imma jump on someone's head.)

Chris wasn't the only one who noticed the first signs of a rising sun. "Well, it seems morning has arrived, and I must take my leave. I've got plenty of business to attend to. So... Have fun. Pals." At that, the voice went silent. Max remained unmoving, staring blankly into the diminishing fire.

(*koopa noises*)

The girl sat there for a while, not saying anything for a long time. She wanted to get up and get ready to start the day, but things seemed off. "Max... uhm... are you alright?" She didn't know him all that well, but that didn't me she couldn't be a bit considerate.

(I'm a horrible person. Soz.)

"Fine. I'm fine. It's morning. We should get ready to be productive." A coldness had leapt into Max's voice and even his posture. He crossed his arms and faced slightly away from Chris, masking his face from her. The giddiness of freedom he'd found after initially escaping the throne was gone. They wouldn't let him go that easily, and he was a fool to have thought so. No, this was a different kind of prison.

(aaaa)

She frowns, then sighs with annoyance. She didn't say much except "Alright." Chris stands before she can say anything negative to further ruin his mood. The light that was rising was slowly filling the land, snow shining bright under the sun. She had to squint, and just knew that this snow was going to give her a headache. She then gets a small idea, and a small smile ends up tickling the sides of her mouth. She hums lightly before looking around, remembering there was a thick of dense forest around here somewhere. She remembering it being so tightly packed that the small amount of snow that was under it was small, and she could walk through it easier.

She looks back at Maxwell, trying to seem a little aloof, but she could've come off as more nonchalant. "Don't worry about him. We've got more important things to focus on." She smiles.Her gut rumbles just in time to make her point more clear. "Yes, I know." She responds to her stomach, patting it lightly.