Something quick

SirKnight

Not looking for anything long term, but if so it could be fun. Just need to distract myself with something for a while. 

basic idea: Max ends up getting booted off the throne, and though he's happy right off the bat, he's been dropped off in the dead of winter, and night is falling. But there's a light nearby, a chance.

some stuff prolly happens. But I'll let whoever continue it.

First though, I don't care much for whatever kinda rp you want to do

story

chat

combination

I don't care at the moment

Here I go:

Small fire, freezing, the huddling figure didn't want to admit that they were probably going to die to the freezing wind. Huddled in the small sweater which she had been brought here in... woken up by herself, alone, cold, hungry. It didn't help that she had to trod through what could be 4 feet of snow. Shoes already cold and soaked in the melting snow, which would then freeze again. She swore, what kind of sick... she shook the profanity from her mind and huddled closer to the fire even she was shocked she could start. Panic and fear did make it more urgent, so she could thank luck and emotion for that.

(Reply or don't, bleh, this will be dumb.)

(Max? I can do Max. Yeeeeeeeee

So he's free now okay here goes I'll just do that but if it's wrong tell me okay)

Freedom. That was the first thought that crossed his mind. The next was pain in his muscles; he'd almost forgotten how to move after the eternity he'd spent on that damned throne. The next thought was the cold that stung him as snow flooded around his legs, the tattered pants serving as little protection. But freedom... That was overwhelming. Adrenaline coursed through him. But no, he couldn't lose his head... He had to think for survival. He knew he wouldn't last long in this world he'd created, especially so since it was winter. Though, perhaps death was welcome... It was likely the most rest he could possibly get, and he yearned for such a rest. However, he didn't doubt that They would find some way to grab his soul before he could enter whatever afterlife existed. He dismissed the thought of letting himself die, though it stuck around in the back of his mind. There was another survivor on the Islands. And seeing as he'd been watching her carefully, he knew exactly where to go. And sure enough, as he turned towards where her fire would be and saw a faint glow, just as night began falling. He desperately attempted to keep the thoughts of a certain someone away as he moved towards the encampment. All of a sudden, this freedom was turning out to be a bit more troublesome than he'd have thought...

It wasn't long until he was near the camp, and trekked closer still. His ankles were going numb, as were his extremities, such as his ears, nose, and fingers. His breath came out in rasps, sending vapor sprawling out before his nose and mouth. However, as he neared the fire, a wave of relief crashed over him. He noticed the survivor there as well, and attempted to compose himself as best he could. He stood up straight, adjusted the tatters that were his close, and spoke:

"Say, pal. Got room for one more?"

Edited by Blewcheese

(aaaaa, no you're always good at RP. I however gotta shake off this rust :333 )

Now she was nowhere near sleep, but she was focused on the fire and getting the distance between on fire and freezing. It was really useless, she held out her hands to get them warm, but her arms gave out. She cursed. Constantly. And then she heard his voice. She jumped up so fast it was nearly comical. "God...! Geez.. Uhm..." Her fear drained out of her, and was replaced with suspicion. "You're..." She knew the answer, and was a little confused at why he was... here... She supposed he had to be somewhere, but she imagined something more... Just not here. She didn't have a good reason for him not to be. She coughed to excuse her sudden shock and spoke up, this time without blabbering. "I don't... see why not..." She was getting cold standing up, and as she glanced to the fire, she noticed it was getting low. She brushed off some snow off some twigs and thick tree branches and put a few into the fire.

"But I don't want any trouble." She added finally, firmly seated in front of the fire. As much as she didn't have a reason to let this man anywhere near her fire, she couldn't imagine she could fight him off. She also liked the idea of company, she couldn't imagine being alone in this would do her any good. Chris was just trying to be logical.

"You don't want any trouble?" Maxwell looked the survivor up and down, musing to himself. "No one ever does, truly..." He inched closer to the flame. Warmth. Something he'd long forgotten. Such a sweet, sweet sensation. He closed his eyes and took a breath, inhaling deeply. He'd never had true fires in his throne room, only that eerie substitute that came from the large, marble pillars. He still didn't know what they had been, not exactly, but certainly not real fire. Only then did he realize that he'd been cold for a century, and allowed himself to be lost in the moment, lost in the splendors of freedom...

But no longer than that moment. Max opened his eyes and moved them back to the survivor. He squinted slightly, taking a closer look. "I suppose my arrival here has not been quite what you had expected, has it?"

((Lurk as you please my friend :333 ))

She tensed a little when he finally did take a seat near the fire. She wanted to laugh at herself for being so nervous, even after she had basically invited for him to say. No such relief came to her, and instead she moved her attention back to the nipping at her fingers. Cold had a way of getting to them first, even if it wasn't truly cold. Chris found herself becoming more nervous as the silence fell. She didn't know how to act in this situation. She was eternally grateful when he spoke up again, the crackling and wind blowing becoming numb to her ears. 

"Wasn't expecting you here at all, to be honest." She pushed some red hair back out of her face, cursing the cold wind. "I wasn't expecting anyone, least of all you." She scoffs at the very idea of anyone being out in this wasteland. "And then you.. Seem a little more polite than the last you spoke to me. I suppose it could be all in the name of survival though?" Chris was cautiously skeptical, a good tactic in this environment. 

She was a small thing, thin wrists, tiny arms, it was a true oddity that she hadn't frozen to death yet. Dark, short red hair sat atop her head in little fluffs due to the wind moving it about. Something was on her arm, a marking, but it stopped just above her left wrist so there was no way to tell what it was. She wore a thick brown jacket, possibly made out of some kind of animal or hardy material. She gives an annoyed sigh and curses at the wind once more, moving her hair back into place.

(So wait Chris is a guy?)

"All in the name of survival...?" Maxwell shrugged, looking around the encampment, searching for signs of the survivor's development. "Perhaps. Though is that all we are? Small beings that know nothing more than to scramble for survival?" He frowned as he found his vision was rather blurry, and he couldn't seem to see very much. Not even the survivor, who was sitting nearby, was clear to him. He reached a hand into his inner jacket pocket, and his hand met an old pair of glasses. Not yet... He couldn't bear to use those. Perhaps not ever, but certainly not now. He'd kept his past away from him during that eternity on the throne, and he'd be damned if he let it catch up to him here. He decided to focus once more on the warmth of the fire.

"Have you found very much trouble? You seem to be doing rather well."

(Ttly a lady. its the face, and the jacket. Usually easier to tell without the jacket. Her design after i draw it does that. bah! Hold on while i wake up.)

((Edit: enough about chris havin no butt, back to the rp))

post-261753-0-29681300-1424205423_thumb.

Edited by SirKnight

"I suppose. If not for food and shelter than for what? Some petty bickering about social groups I'd guess." She gives a light shrug. He asks her if she'd been doing well. She arched an eyebrow, wondering briefly if that had been a joke. The question came back clean with no hint of sarcasm. "This fire is all I got goin' for me at the moment. This wind and cold have kept my distance from anything of any value." Chris gives a little glare out into the snow. "Doing well is just about where I'm at. Not any further. I'll have to either go out into this blizzard and find food, or go hungry for another day. Neither sound fun." She'd guess she would have to suck it up though, considering she had no other options. She'd wait till morning at least, hope for the weather to have calmed. 

(Oooh, sorry, I thought I saw stubble.)

"Generally, our kind tends to try and enjoy their petty lives." Max brought a hand to his chin thoughtfully. How he relished speaking to another person, finally, after only speaking to himself for so long. He observed the fire once more. "Often times, a fire is just enough. Though, you're lucky I came to you. Tomorrow, we'll find food. I assure you, I know what I'm doing." His statement was almost dismissive as he went to lie down, stretching his limbs out as far as he could, a leisure that he had missed so dearly.

(Oh, yeah, was Max replaced from the throne or did They just boot him for no reason)

(Nope, just my shaky lines :3(((Now i wanna see her with a beard omg)))((Also just replaced, by whom? You get to decide! aaaa)))

"That they do. But when there's nothing else, what more can you do?" She shrugs as if to answer her own question. She didn't know. She held out her hands, trying to warm them back to not dying under the cold. She was slowly realizing that she was probably going to be uncomfortably cold for a good while, even with the blaze before her still high and burning. Only just a day or so into surviving out here, and she had realized how quiet it had been. She found herself with a little smile, though nothing truly worth noticing. "You'll have to forgive me if I'm still a bit skeptical, but the sentiment is nice, thank you."

(((Also, 800 posts. *confetti* aaaaa, good jooooob?!?!)))

Edited by SirKnight

(WHAT IF I DONT WANNA

YASS)

"Oh, trust me, we always find a way of entertaining ourselves, even with nothing around us." He sat up to retain more warmth from the fire, looking around the world he'd created as he did so. It had all been an empty void of shadow and dust previously... It was difficult for him not to be proud of himself and the world he'd created. As for the lives he'd taken... He prayed the guilt wouldn't catch up to him any time soon. "I certainly can't blame you for being skeptical. In fact, I'm surprised you allowed me to stay so easily. Had I been less friendly, that would have been a mistake."

((THEN BUTTS))

She made a noise suspiciously close to a laugh, but not obviously so. It was quiet, probably to be carried off by the wind. She does nod in response, knowing how easily one could distract themselves if wanted. She turned her head to look over at him, but her attention was brought back to the fire, and trying to carefully hold the balance between blisters and freezer burn. "Well, there's no reason to be rude I'd figure. Plus, if I had shooed you away I'd end up feeling terrible for it." She wished the sun would rise for a quick moment before sighing to herself. "It's cool for now. It's not like I want to be alone either. This place has already showed me how maddening it can be, off alone with just your thoughts."

Maxwell listened attentively to Chris, and after her final statement, he let out a laugh. This one, however, wasn't carried off by the wind. It was fairly loud, and ended in a cough. His voice suddenly seemed very hoarse. "Alone with just your thoughts? You can't imagine what that's like... And yet another reason why you're lucky I've arrived." He looked around, then back at Chris with an odd, almost mischievous expression.

She found herself just smile at his laughing. She then turned her head right back to him. "Oh?" Curious, and amused one eyebrow shot right up. "Do tell." She rests her hands in her lap, at least then they'd be shielded by the wind. She didn't laugh as she would have, she'd have to save it for whatever ego-boosting thing he'd have to say for himself. It was sure to be fun if nothing else.

Maxwell hesitated. To tell his story... If he wanted to earn the trust of this survivor, she should know, and he couldn't forget his past forever. "Once upon a time..." His gaze drifted up, looking at the thick darkness that shrouded the area around them. "There was a man named William." His name. How long had it been since someone had called him by his given name? It had always been Maxwell, or Max, or Maxxy. "He was a magician, though not a very successful one." What measurement of time would accurately explain how long it had been, he wondered. "That was, until he stumbled upon a book." His hand moved into his jacket, and there it was. A large, dusty book with the letter 'M' carved into it. How it had fit in there was a mystery. It certainly didn't look like it was there, inside his jacket, but there it was now, resting in his hand.

If she was just staring before, her eyes were now practically glued to the man. An unexpected turn, but she was starting to notice that this man was nothing but full of surprises. She sat quietly, not making a sound, not wanting to interrupt. She watched him pull out this book when he paused. It looked a little worn, but it added to whatever charm it had. She looked at it, then at Maxwell. She had already put together what was already said in her head, but she was still curious. "What happened next?" Her eyes sparkled with an almost child-like interest. Chris couldn't help it, but at least she forgot about the cold.

(I decided who's on the big bad chair. Let's see if you can guess...)

"Well, I'm not sure I'm up for telling the rest of the story..." His voice was rather chiding, and he opened the book, shifting though the pages. "We need rest if we want to hunt effectively tomorrow." His eyes flicked gently across the pages as he reminisced. "And hey, if we survive tomorrow, you've got something to look forward to. Besides, well, being alive, I suppose." He shut the book and laid it down beside him, eyeing the cover.

(Omg *tackle* I MISSED YA. also... HMMMM... is itttttt.... UH... WENDY)

She crossed her arms with a huff, but decided not to push it. She doubted sleep was going to come, but resting was certainly an opinion. "You have plans?" She curled up as near as she could get to the fire. Sure it looked odd, but lying flat would expose her every extremity and that was just not going to happen. She tucks her hands under her and tries to nuzzle in her arms to try to at least cover her face.

(NO IT WAS ONLY A WEEKEND PLZ GET OFF AUGH

No. You'll have to guess better than that.)

"Plans...?" Max gazed up at the night sky thoughtfully. "None specifically, per se. It depends on our surroundings." He shut his eyes resting his head on his right shoulder. "How long have you been here, might I ask?" His breaths came more slowly and his body grew limp as he allowed himself to relax.

(( *Falls* ok.

maaaaaaaaaan... hmmm....))

"A week, maybe more. Time is all weird here, everything feels... off." She didn't know the right words to place, but in her mind it felt like a buzz, like time just melted away without her notice. She starts to think about it, about why it was that way, and why she hadn't noticed it before. That was.. odd..