screen is terminating

Hey guys !

It's been 2 hours since i'm trying to get my DST server from running...

I'm operating on a 64 bits Debian 7 device (VPS), and i have been following the procedure described in the wiki.

But at the screen -S "DST Server" ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer line, i'm just stuck because i get a message saying that it couldn't be executed (no file or directory), and then, get the [screen is terminated] line...

Any clue on how i can get it to work ?

Thanks guys for answers <3

Mmmh, Account failed, Your Server Will Not Start...

Got my server_token.txt (on my computer), can you tell me what i should do with it ?

Guess this file needs to be transfered to my VPS which is in a datacenter, is there a simple way to do that without applying for a job in that datacenter ? (I mean, this is the first time i'm using linux so... guess i won't get the job xD)

Launching a program with another version of libc than the one running on the system is less than ideal ...

You should never use the variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH, especially when you don't know what it does. I can lead to the instability of the system, and add vulnerabilities.
So yes, it is a hacky solution to run the server that way.

The proper way would be to install a newer version of libc, but to do so you have to switch from Debian stable to Debian testing.

Archived