[Sound] - Sound settings reverting to 0

Paimf

Bug Submission:

Category: Sound

Issue Title: Sound settings reverting to 0

Issue Description: When I load the game audio settings are all set to 0.

When I increase volumne and try to apply it resets to 0.

Cannot set manually through settings.ini file.

Have reinstalled a few times, deleted settings.ini, reinstalled audio drivers, and verified game cache through steam.

Steps to Reproduce: Happens with every load of my game. Either when loading with Kraken 7.1 headset plugged in or without and just using speakers.

Ok so I managed to fix it.

I uninstalled the drivers. Restarted PC, Uninstalled Razer Synapse 2.0. Restarted PC. Installed synapse let it run its set up. Restarted PC again then ran through the Synapse config to calibrate the sound.

Alright I was sent here, and i narrowed down what the problem is and would like help. So when i start the game without my headset plugged in sound is perfect. When i start with it plugged in all sound reverts to 0. I called up Razer and they said to contact you guys that this is a game compatibility issue. I also reinstalled all drivers and did everything I could think of to do on my end. Please help!

Alright I was sent here, and i narrowed down what the problem is and would like help. So when i start the game without my headset plugged in sound is perfect. When i start with it plugged in all sound reverts to 0. I called up Razer and they said to contact you guys that this is a game compatibility issue. I also reinstalled all drivers and did everything I could think of to do on my end. Please help!

@VoidOps,

Ok so I managed to fix it. I uninstalled the drivers. Restarted PC, Uninstalled Razer Synapse 2.0. Restarted PC. Installed synapse let it run its set up. Restarted PC again then ran through the Synapse config to calibrate the sound.
 Did you do the restarts like Paimf said between each step?

@VoidOps,

Did you do the restarts like Paimf said between each step?

yes i did and it worked. I think you guys should try and fix the problem with the game cuz i have the same headset as him and I'm going to assume that everyone with this headset has this problem. I do not know if this is a problem on your side or on razers though so maybe you can't fix this bug.

UGH! I also have this issue and have the headset in question. Seriously, The razer software ******* sucks. There are so many games that give me issues specifically because of the headset. Hopefully you guys can work around this shitty headset and solve the problem, thanks.

Archived