Too many troll friendly aspects / pvp

TROLLING: The most important I think is ghosts. Player ghosts don't really need to be able to interact with anything but they certainly shouldn't be able to set anything on fire. They shouldn't drain sanity of other players, they shouldn't be able to do anything that makes trolling that easy. Maybe even autodisconnect after a timer.

Setting players crops on fire.  If you can think of a way (craftable item?) to make certain plants fireproof that would be excellent.

PVP: It could potentially be a lot of fun, my biggest problem is that when I swing next to somebody, even if I can get two swings in before I move from targeting I don't hit them. I think melee needs to be tweaked a bit so you can't automatically outrun anybody. If you catch up by pathing better you should be able to get a hit in. I run in front of a person swing twice and they just keep running by me unaffected.

TROLLING: The most important I think is ghosts. Player ghosts don't really need to be able to interact with anything but they certainly shouldn't be able to set anything on fire. They shouldn't drain sanity of other players, they shouldn't be able to do anything that makes trolling that easy. Maybe even autodisconnect after a timer.

Setting players crops on fire.  If you can think of a way (craftable item?) to make certain plants fireproof that would be excellent.

PVP: It could potentially be a lot of fun, my biggest problem is that when I swing next to somebody, even if I can get two swings in before I move from targeting I don't hit them. I think melee needs to be tweaked a bit so you can't automatically outrun anybody. If you catch up by pathing better you should be able to get a hit in. I run in front of a person swing twice and they just keep running by me unaffected.

or you could play with people you trust

and for pvp

just learn that you shouldn't fight the people that run, they usually have nothing good anyway if they are running

For pvp I was also thinking some sort of base defense structure like a ballista or anything that could be manned and aimed or something. Make it so people need to use dynamite or something to siege a well built base.

If there were a mechanic to have a button swing a melee weapon the direction you are facing that might be better for pvp,  

My mind races when I think of the potential this game could have with a more intense pvp/base system. My first thought when I saw it was Fat Princess + this awesome survival world would be amazing. 

Ghosts definitely shouldnt' be able to destroy player buildings. 

Before, you haunted things for humanity, to survive as a ghost.

You could haunt entire forests for a lot of humanity.

How to balance this, where is the risk for this reward?

Fire on haunt chance.

What? Your response is confusing. Humanity?

or you could play with people you trust

and for pvp

just learn that you shouldn't fight the people that run, they usually have nothing good anyway if they are running

Really? Those are your solutions? C'mon let's make the game better, that's what we're here for.

What? Your response is confusing. Humanity?

It was an old system that got scrapped. Basically he's saying the haunt effects made sense at one point. Seth said he's going to do another pass through them (reworking/tweaking haunt effects), and hopefully it will be with stuff like this in mind.

Archived