[General] - CTD while loading a saved game

halomantis

Do you have any mods running?

Have you tried verifying your game cache/integrity through Steam and/or re-installing?

Can you post your log.txt file? It's found here:  Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether

Yes I have mods running, and I have verified the cache.

I did upload the log.txt as well as the dxdialog file and the dump created by steam (which there was one for when it crashed)

Ahhh would have been good to add them to the post though, adding now.

log.txt

DxDiag.txt

dontstarve_steam_123177_crash_2015_1_15T2_15_56C0.mdmp

Hey halomantis, it looks like you're going over the memory budget and that's causing your crash. Can you try deleting your mods folder (or simply renaming the folder, so the game can't find it) and see if that allows you to launch?

There is a memory budget?  I know I am fine on my RAM because that was the first thing I checked.  But I will give it a shot and answer back as soon as I get home.

I can create a new game, but loading that specific save failed.  The fail was due to a zone load, which I could assume is because something I had on the map is now missing with the mods removed.  Can anyone explain what the memory budget is?  

• Developer

I can create a new game, but loading that specific save failed.  The fail was due to a zone load, which I could assume is because something I had on the map is now missing with the mods removed.  Can anyone explain what the memory budget is?  

All I meant by "memory budget" was that the game can run out of memory and crash because of it.

Can you upload your log.txt (located in your Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether folder) after you experience the crash when loading that world? Thanks!

All I meant by "memory budget" was that the game can run out of memory and crash because of it.

Can you upload your log.txt (located in your Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether folder) after you experience the crash when loading that world? Thanks!

Here is the log after the mods were removed.  Above is the log with the mods attached.

log.txt

• Developer

So there is a limit to how many mods you can load then.  Am I understanding that correctly.

Yeah--at some point, if you add enough stuff to the game, it'll fall over.

Based on your second log, the crash does appear to be from a missing mod. Specifically, it crashes when loading the nightmare light. It also can't find the berryblue prefab. Could you try adding the relevant mods back in and seeing if that allows you to resume the world?

Archived