Suggestion: Pig War Party!

I really like the constant enmity between Pigmen, Spiders, and Merms.  However, I feel that the Spiders with their queens and Level 3 nests have an unfair advantage and I'd like to see the Pigmen strike back once in awhile.

What I'm suggesting would be an occasional "Pig War Party" that would spawn at the Pig King and roam the map destroying spider dens.  It wouldn't have to be too much. Maybe enough pig power to take down 1-3 L3 dens.  

There are some balance issues with the idea that would have to be addressed - are the pigs aggro to players, neutral, or friendly?  I would think neutral or aggro, including to Webber, and un-friendable.  

Programming wise it might  make more sense to have a 'Pig General' that works similar to a Spider Queen or Varg, spawning minions as it roams.

Bonus points if it's able to plant pig house(s), to replenish those that are inevitably destroyed by players and fire(post RoG) as time goes by.

I would also love to see a similar thing from the Merms.

@Delannion, Sounds like a good start on some mechanics for Through The Ages. I don't think having them go after spider dens would be that good, though, because that kind of upsets the balance between players and spiders. Maybe war parties from pigs and merms fighting each other would be interesting, though. They kind of have that with the pig/merm set pieces. 

@Delannion, Sounds like a good start on some mechanics for Through The Ages. I don't think having them go after spider dens would be that good, though, because that kind of upsets the balance between players and spiders. Maybe war parties from pigs and merms fighting each other would be interesting, though. They kind of have that with the pig/merm set pieces. 

I like the Pig/Merm conflicts but I mention the Pig/Spider one because they tend to live close to each toher, unlike pigs & merms, and Spiders do tend to become more powerful and prolific through time, where pigs tend to be removed(by Me), with no regeneration mechanics,  and Merms tend to be ignored.  

I quite like where you're going with this idea. I actually thought you were going to suggest making the Pig King a proper moving character and having him lead the charge with his pig army! That would be awesome, for example if a Spider Queen spawns, potentially the Pig King will go and wage war against her! There can be only one!! :D

I quite like where you're going with this idea. I actually thought you were going to suggest making the Pig King a proper moving character and having him lead the charge with his pig army! That would be awesome, for example if a Spider Queen spawns, potentially the Pig King will go and wage war against her! There can be only one!! :grin:

That sounds great but I think the Pig King is there for specific mechanics reasons aka gold-generation that doesn't rely on rocks. That's why I suggest something along the lines of a pig champion or pig general.  Also, I feel like it would be easier to implement if they simply copy the mechanics of the spider queen.

Archived