[Gameplay] - Beardlings Don't Drop Nightmare Fuel

VeiledInsanity

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Issue Title: Beardlings Don't Drop Nightmare Fuel

Issue Description: As the title says. When insane my caught rabbits don't turn into beardlings and the beardlings I catch turn out to be just rabbits. So it's not that they don't drop nightmare fuel its that I can't kill a beardling at all.

Steps to Reproduce: This happened whenever I was insane. I keeping rabbits in my inventory, catching new beardlings and multiple variations of similar actions.

The problem is, imagine one player is sane and one is not,
and then one of them kills the rabbit, will it drop morsel
or nightmarefuel/monstermeat/beardhair? Well, I
guess they'll find a solution.
Oh, and don't click the submit form button multiple times,
just wait.

@VeiledInsanity,@Michi01, Rabbits do transform into beardlings on the ground. The game uses the player who killed it to determine what to drop. The same approach could be used for inventory, the only problem is that checking in the inventory is actually fairly different and requires a fair bit of new code for it to work across a network.

Do the rabbits have to be new rabbits from their holes or will rabbits lying around on the ground also transform?  I caught a ton of rabbits yesterday and then dropped my sanity and they didn't change at all.  Can I release them and then recatch them and they will be beardling?

Do the rabbits have to be new rabbits from their holes or will rabbits lying around on the ground also transform? I caught a ton of rabbits yesterday and then dropped my sanity and they didn't change at all. Can I release them and then recatch them and they will be beardling?

They should just suddenly transform to beardlings when you're insane enough.

Can I release them and then recatch them and they will be beardling?

Yup. You do have to be fully insane, though, not just near insanity. This is a bug that will hopefully get fixed as well. 

Edit: Er, actually, they will never be beardlings in your inventory. But you can drop them and they will be beardlings on the ground, then you can kill them.

Archived