A few quick questions

Sorry if these have been asked before.

Regarding the bee mines: I have yet to use them, mainly because I haven't made many. But how much damage does a single mine inflict?

And also you can run over them yourself without it setting off right?

Regarding Krampus: I haven't ran into him yet because I only kill about a few a day. Anyways people say that you should leave things out so that he goes after those first, my question is does he take anything? So can I just leave like a bunch of pinecones around?

Regarding Flame Hounds: If I tried to kite one and I kill it will I have enough time to run before the combustion hits me? or is does it happen the instant you kill it?

Also will their combustion set flame to pig houses or bee boxes?

Answers as best I know them:

Bee Mines release bees, not direct damage. You won't trigger them by running over them yourself.

Krampus picks up anything. I've used cut grass, seeds, hound's teeth, et c. They pick up pinecones from forest fires and seeds from bird scares that you might never have even known were out there, so you often get a bonus when you kill them, some junk you didn't know was out there, but usually it's also junk you wouldn't have bothered to collect, yourself. Still, they stack it for you neatly.

The combustion is immediate, but you don't start taking damage right away. I don't think pig houses or bee boxes are flammable, but I've never tested the bee boxes and I've not taken careful note regarding the pig houses. I assume that if you can't ignite it with a torch (you have to mouse the torch over something to get the option, rather than clicking when it's equipped) the flame hound probably can't light it up, either.

Flame hounds combusting doesn't instant kill you. Fire damage is like, slightly more worrisome than ghost damage, to put things into perspective. The problem with hounds is that they might start a forest fire. Its a wacky danger to be sure, but, they ARE monsters, and monsters are unnatural things, so they should do some unnatural stuff.

I have yet to encounter krampus as I am a farmer, and I have not yet made bee mines.

bee boxes do not appear to be flammable, thankfully, as I had that exact scenario; a hell hound setting off a small forest fire near my main camp. It also ate all the flowers I planted around my beebox because I have them planted so densely, but the beebox was unscathed.

And to add to some very helpful comments, spawning Krampus can be very worthwhile, since he drops charcoal and sometimes his sack. If you want to quickly spawn Krampus you could try killing loads of butterflies.

hmm how long would it take to spawn him if I killed just purely rabbits?

hmm how long would it take to spawn him if I killed just purely rabbits?

It would take atleast 3 days of constant bunny killing without any break, if you take a break he will calm down again fairly fast. I prefer to use butterflies since they spawn a lot by running near flowers and they are fairly easy to kill, butterflies even have a small change of dropping butter.