Excellent game!

Hi, I'm new to the forums and game, but what I've seen so far is just great!

1st Death: Wandering around, collecting stuff- night is falling. "Hmm, build a fire... Crap, I need wood! Well I can make a torch." A min later- "I think I need another torch!" *Wham*

2nd: "Alright, gotta make an axe and get some logs this time. Well, there's berries and carrots everywhere, I'll just stock up on wood real quick. Whoa! Did that tree just come to life? I wander if it's friendly?" *Wham*

3rd: "Trees are bad, real bad. This time, just take enough wood, get the berries and carrots, build a happy little fire to survive the first night. Sounds like a plan." 2nd day- "Oh cool, a boulder! Neat! Rocks! More boulders! This is great! That boulder looks weird, kinda sticky... OH CRAP, NOT A BOULDER! Whew, monster meat? I better cook it first when I need it." 3rd day- "I finally survived 3 days! Hey a beehive, I like honey, I'm a bit hungry, better eat that meat I found before I try to get inside it."- *whacks beehive, killed in one sting*

Anyway, I could keep going for another 2 dozen deaths, but suffice to say I'm loving this game a lot! I avoid wikis and spoilers like the plague, I love the surprise and to meet a new challenge. I honesty didn't think it'd be so 'roguish' when I got it, but I'm very happy that the game wants to kill me in a lot of ways and isn't just another 'sandbox'!

Thanks Klei!

Welcome to the forums!

We all have the fondest memories of the first time we played this game. All the deaths that could so easily have been avoided had we looked them up... and boy are we glad we didn't! The game's constantly getting harder, so may you never cease to get torn to shreds! :D

I actually signed up specifically to make the same kind of post. Love the game, good job. I wasn't sure about it when my husband told me he got us both keys but I got hooked fairly quickly. As is evident by my 12 hours of play time when I only got the game yesterday.

I actually signed up specifically to make the same kind of post. Love the game, good job. I wasn't sure about it when my husband told me he got us both keys but I got hooked fairly quickly. As is evident by my 12 hours of play time when I only got the game yesterday.

I know, right? I stayed up all night playing this. Very addictive FUN! Also, hi! I'm now 2 posts ahead of you lol

Welcome. That sounds like the experience its meant to give. Glad ur enjoying it. Good luck!

Thank you for the welcome! And so far so good, made it to day 30 a bit ago- thought I should stop for now before more crazy dogs came after me...